Accutane Dosages

Anyone who’s used the liquid accutane, what doses have you used?

There was a thread on the subject a few weeks back.
I believe the dosages ranged anywhere from 10mg/day to 80mg/day depending on the severity.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Anyone who’s used the liquid accutane, what doses have you used? [/quote]

I myself am still suffering the acne caused by a previous cycle. Currently half-way through my 3rd week taking it at 80mg/day split into 2 dosages throughout the day.

Used chemones accutane, dosed 10mg/day for 2 months, then 20mg/day for 2 months.

Low dose left me virtually side effect free, apart from dry skin patches.

Thanks guys. I also got from Chemone. My acne is not severe and not from a cycle. So, I’ll start with a lesser dose. How long before you noticed results on the lesser dose?

My wasn’t severe either, but consistent from teenage-hood, so it just got annoying.

I didn’t get any breakouts while on, and was clear of spots after the first 2-3 weeks, and then the redness from old spots began to disappear after about 1.5 months.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

I myself am still suffering the acne caused by a previous cycle. Currently half-way through my 3rd week taking it at 80mg/day split into 2 dosages throughout the day.[/quote]

How bad are the sides at that dose?

[quote]firestanggt wrote:
Contrl wrote:

I myself am still suffering the acne caused by a previous cycle. Currently half-way through my 3rd week taking it at 80mg/day split into 2 dosages throughout the day.

How bad are the sides at that dose?[/quote]

The dry lips get ridiculous, and parts of my jaw line where some of the acne is starts to flake a little. But it also helps the skin heal faster (dermal tissue regrowth is faster). I’m never out in the sun lately to avoid making it worse while on Accutane. Overall, the sides aren’t all that bad for me.