T Nation

Accused of Steroids on Vacation

So I went away on vacation a week ago. I was asked 3 times by different people if I was using steroids. Or comments of steroid use or the topic would come up when talking too me.

1. It is none of there business if I do.
  2. Its kinda rude
  3. I am not big 6’, 230lbs, 4 pack - so I have some BF

I am by no means a big guy in my opinion. I want to be clear.

Now does this happen to everyone else? Is the general public so ignorant that if someone looks like they workout they must be on something? I just think I am healthy and take good care of myself and workout.

For some reason this really bugged me.

Just take it as a compliment.

So… I’ve got one question. Are you using roids?

So I went away on vacation a week ago. I was asked 3 times by different people if I was a male model. Or comments of attractiveness would come up when talking too me.

1. It is none of their business if I am.
  2. Its kinda rude
  3. I am not that good looking - think Robert Redford’s face on The Rock’s body.

I am by no means a great looking guy in my opinion. I want to be clear.

Now does this happen to everyone else? Is the general public so ignorant that if someone looks like Adonis they must be a model? I just think I am healthy and take good care of myself and workout.

If you look like you lift, you will get this question. If you were really skinny and female, people would question if you were anorexic whether you were or not. A lot of people look at something and if they cannot imagine doing it, being it, or trying it, it’s unnatural (i.e drugs or extreme diet or genetics).

Basically, it means you fall outside the norm. As usmccds423 said, take it as a compliment. They can’t imagine doing what it takes to get where you are, so it must be like 98-100% unnatural/unhealthy assistance.

I’ve been accused once or twice…I felt like a million bucks for the next 3 days because of it.

I haven’t been asked that in quite some time and honestly, I’m not very happy about that.

[quote]Silyak wrote:
So… I’ve got one question. Are you using roids?[/quote]

Nope, I changed my training and seen better results then I have in years but the answer is still no.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
So I went away on vacation a week ago. I was asked 3 times by different people if I was a male model. Or comments of attractiveness would come up when talking too me.

2. Its kinda rude

Now does this happen to everyone else? Is the general public so ignorant that if someone looks like Adonis they must be a model? I just think I am healthy and take good care of myself and workout.

[/quote]

The art of subtle brag.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

2. Its kinda rude

[/quote]

The art of subtle brag.[/quote]

“Man, I am beat up. You do a few front squats with 300lbs and 150 deadlifts at 135lbs in a WOD and everything goes to crap. #gettingold

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

2. Its kinda rude

[/quote]

“Man, I am beat up. You do a few front squats with 300lbs and 150 deadlifts at 135lbs in a WOD and everything goes to crap. #gettingold”[/quote]

Some of those were pretty funny.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

2. Its kinda rude

[/quote]

“Man, I am beat up. You do a few front squats with 300lbs and 150 deadlifts at 135lbs in a WOD and everything goes to crap. #gettingold”[/quote]

Some of those were pretty funny.
[/quote]
My favorite:

1. @Charlene_Malin
    This is from a Cedar Rapids, Iowa, weather lady.

“It’s kinda awkward waiting at the mechanic’s office where commercials of me are playing. I don’t think the mechanic recognizes me :)”

Soooo then not that awkward, huh?

So I was on steroids a week ago. I was asked 3 times by different people if I was on vacation. Or comments of vacation or the topic would come up when talking to me.

1. It is none of their business if I was.
  2. Its kinda rude.
  3. I am not a big traveler - 4 trips in the last few years so I have some room for more travel.

I am by no means a world traveler in my opinion. I want to be clear.

Now does this happen to everyone else? Is the general public so ignorant that if someone looks like they’re away from home they must be on vacation? I just think I’m cultured.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
So I was on steroids a week ago. I was asked 3 times by different people if I was on vacation. Or comments of vacation or the topic would come up when talking to me.

2. Its kinda rude.
  3. I am not a big traveler - 4 trips in the last few years so I have some room for more travel.

Now does this happen to everyone else? Is the general public so ignorant that if someone looks like they’re away from home they must be on vacation? I just think I’m cultured.

For some reason this really bugged me.[/quote]

LOL love it!!

2. Its kinda rude

[/quote]

hahaha

I miss the old T-Nation, where posts like this where ridiculed to the point it was ridiculous…

So I went away on vacation a week ago. I was asked 3 times by different people if I was a Male Prostitute. Or comments of big dicks in the topic would come up when talking too me.

2. Its kinda rude
  3. I am not big 12" or so

I am by no means a large guy in my opinion. I want to be clear.

Now does this happen to everyone else? Is the general public so ignorant that if someone looks like they have a large bulge in their pants they must be using it on some lady?

Who am I kidding? All the ladies want me, and are willing to pay.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

2. Its kinda rude.

For some reason this really bugged me.[/quote]

lmao you’re an intellectual monster

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
So I went away on vacation a week ago. I was asked 3 times by different people if I was a Male Prostitute. Or comments of big dicks in the topic would come up when talking too me.

2. Its kinda rude
  3. I am not big 12" or so

I am by no means a large guy in my opinion. I want to be clear.

Now does this happen to everyone else? Is the general public so ignorant that if someone looks like they have a large bulge in their pants they must be using it on some lady?

Who am I kidding? All the ladies want me, and are willing to pay.
[/quote]

LOL nice …keep it going