T Nation

Accountability/Goals/Blogging

Now that all members have a place to blog, they need to use it for their public accountability and blogging.

*** IF YOU HAVE GOALS OR WANT PUBLIC ACCOUNTABILITY, MAKE ONE SMALL POST BELOW ****

Just use a simple statement such as,

“I want public accountability and I’m now blogging. Please give comments and suggestions in my profile.”

[quote]4est wrote:
Now that all members have a place to blog, they need to use it for their public accountability and blogging.

** IF YOU HAVE GOALS OR WANT PUBLIC ACCOUNTABILITY, MAKE ONE SMALL POST BELOW **

Just use a simple statement such as,

“I want public accountability and I’m now blogging. Please give comments and suggestions in my profile.”

[/quote]

I don’t understand what you mean, public accountability ?

He means, if you want other people to help hold you responsible for reaching the goals you set. I sure wouldn’t mind.

My goals for Sept.1st are 300 bench, 475 deadlift, and a 400 squat (400 box squat will do). Hold me to it!

The closest right now is my box squat, I hit 390 about a week ago. The bench seems to be taking a bit more work. And the deadlift I’m not working on specifically, so I’ll have to see where I am at some point when I test it.

-MAtt

ACK… nope that is not what I mean. People are still creating new threads for their goal/accountability instead of just blogging in thier “My T-Nation” area. If people will blog in their area and just post a notice of thier blog here, it will save us from many new threads. I’ll give an example post.

I started a new routine and I’m now blogging. Please see my profile to give comments and suggestions. Keep me on track.

^ That is an example post. That is the most a post in this thread would need to contain.

What 4est is trying to do is save us all from this type of threads:

[b]Here is my pic. I’ve been working out for 2 years on and off, but after breaking up with my girlfriend and losing my job I have had to move back in with my parents, and seeing as my dad has some weights in the basement I thought I could pass the time of my house arrest (more on that later) lifting weights.

I want everyone to hold me accountable, as I have no will power of my own. In 12 weeks I will post another photo of me, but without the beer-belly and with 18" arms, at least. I mean, 12 weeks of lifting and mum’s cooking is all it takes, right?

Any helpful comments are welcome[/b]

I know there have been some stupid threads lately, that a notice of a new blog would have been good enough. However, if someone has valuable information and/or credibility, or even just an entertaining journey, i would like to see it in a thread where we can commenet and add or take away form the OP.

really, i dont care, i dont need a blog or a thread to be accountable.

BTW, are you the T-Nation police?

im on track for my goal FUCK YER!!!

But if I do that there might be a reduced number of people that see my picture or thread so how will I fill my immediate and uncontrollable need for personal gratification, acceptance and love from random unknown people on the internet?

I don’t mean to hijack, but just in case you guys have not checked it out yet, you should visit:

http://www.LifterLog.com/

LifterLog is a good way to keep an online training log if you want to hold yourself accountable. It was started by T-Nation member, bacalao.

Whoa! You really confused me with the avatar change there, 4est! I see you finally got the flat top :slight_smile: It makes you look older than the long hair. And the earings make you look like a thug.

Hey, just offering some friendly, constructive criticism here :smiley:

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
I don’t mean to hijack, but just in case you guys have not checked it out yet, you should visit:

http://www.LifterLog.com/

LifterLog is a good way to keep an online training log if you want to hold yourself accountable. It was started by T-Nation member, bacalao.[/quote]

That looks pretty cool, although most of it I have at home on an Excell sheet. Still nice to be able to share it online with other people.

Does bacalao still post around here?

[quote]Miserere wrote:

[b]Here is my pic. I’ve been working out for 2 years on and off, but after breaking up with my girlfriend and losing my job I have had to move back in with my parents, and seeing as my dad has some weights in the basement I thought I could pass the time of my house arrest (more on that later) lifting weights.

I want everyone to hold me accountable, as I have no will power of my own. In 12 weeks I will post another photo of me, but without the beer-belly and with 18" arms, at least. I mean, 12 weeks of lifting and mum’s cooking is all it takes, right?

Any helpful comments are welcome[/b][/quote]

Looking swole, bro!

[quote]4est wrote:
Now that all members have a place to blog, they need to use it for their public accountability and blogging.

*** IF YOU HAVE GOALS OR WANT PUBLIC ACCOUNTABILITY, MAKE ONE SMALL POST BELOW ***

Just use a simple statement such as,

“I want public accountability and I’m now blogging. Please give comments and suggestions in my profile.”

[/quote]

I’d like to know who’s accountable for your haircut!

Only the people on your “Friends” list are able to read your blog, so only they will hold you accountable…if you really need that sort of thing.

My super-secret program will remain undercover and my whereabouts unknown.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Only the people on your “Friends” list are able to read your blog, so only they will hold you accountable…if you really need that sort of thing.

My super-secret program will remain undercover and my whereabouts unknown.[/quote]

unless T-Nation has changed it in the past couple of days you dont need to be on someones friends list to read their blog. usually, when im reading a post and i think someones a tool or i suspect that they are one of the pencil neck geeks reading all day and not lifting ever, i check out their profile just for grins on what they say their ht/wt/bf% is. just the other day i was looking and saw some dudes blog…i actually found it funny…but anyway, i definitely wasnt on his friends list, and i was looking at it

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
I’d like to know who’s accountable for your haircut![/quote]

Now that was funny. I LOL’ed at work.

Bench 400 my march raw and be @ 270 pounds by the end of the year.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
I’d like to know who’s accountable for your haircut![/quote]

hehehhehehee That was good. lol!

I’m an attention whore - I like when ppl read my blog. :smiley:

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
unless T-Nation has changed it in the past couple of days you dont need to be on someones friends list to read their blog. usually, when im reading a post and i think someones a tool or i suspect that they are one of the pencil neck geeks reading all day and not lifting ever, i check out their profile just for grins on what they say their ht/wt/bf% is. just the other day i was looking and saw some dudes blog…i actually found it funny…but anyway, i definitely wasnt on his friends list, and i was looking at it
[/quote]

I’m running IE 5.5 on Windows XP, and I get an [OBJECT ERROR] message window when I try to access anyone who is not on my short list of friends.

Friends don’t let friends use Microsoft products. I’ll see you in hell, Gates!