Accountability and Advice

[quote]angus_beef wrote:
dropshot001 wrote:
i’m not trying to start a fight with you angus, but what exactly do you mean by “long periods of time”? like if someone did a 24 week prep using a keto diet? does refeeding/cheat meals count as breaking up this “long period of time”?

It’s cool man, we’re just here to share ideas. “Long periods” is relative to the individual. Yes cheat days does break it up.

In response to the keto diets, studies have should people who remained on low carb diets such as the Atkins diet do tend to have reduced brain function, but thats after being on it for years.

The OP didn’t go into detail with his diet other than stating he consumes 80g. He may have cheat days and all that stuff but i was solely addressing the 80g. It just always grabs my attention when i see people consuming that little so i just stated my opinion based on my knowledge. [/quote]

i see where you are coming from. yes, 80g would leave him pretty depleted by the end of the week so he would have to use some sort of method to refill glycogen. this is the part that people on atkins and other low carb diets neglect hence they have bad side effects and most likely will burn up a huge amount of muscle.

Sorry to hear bout your Dad and your wing man, Maybe turn this into a “Do it for them” kind of thing. That would keep me going. You know what they say…Sometime the heaviest weight you’ll lift is your ass off the couch!
Hang in there Skiffy you’ll be better than ever in no time!!

[quote]angus_beef wrote:

In response to the keto diets, studies have should people who remained on low carb diets such as the Atkins diet do tend to have reduced brain function, but thats after being on it for years.

[/quote]

Link me to abstracts of said studies.

I suspect your motivation will come in just another week or two. You said you’ve been on this for 2 weeks now. Well, you will probably see some real benefits within another week or two. That should inspire you to keep going. It worked for me anyway.

FYI, I don’t just mean weight loss, though you may experience that. But you will be able to lift more, which means you have more muscle, which means you have a bigger calorie burning engine, which means you are on the slippery slope to right where you want to be. So don;t worry about the weight right now. Just keep up the good work and have confidence that it is going to take you where you need to go.

[quote]Josh Rider wrote:
angus_beef wrote:

Link me to abstracts of said studies.

[/quote]

A study was done by Tufts University in Boston which showed lack of memory and cognitive function in individuals who consumed a diet with restricted carb intake, that was only a month long study. Also the Institute of Medicine says the brain requires 130gs of carbs to maintain it’s regular function. Thats why students who eat breakfast before a test or class tend to do better if all other factors are relatively similar.

I don’t wont to hijack the OPs thread and go into a debate, so i will leave it at that. Just do your research.

Here is the deal. I at first thought it was my protein intake, but now feel like I need to up my carbs. My lifts have not gone up and I tire quickly. I think I went too hardcore too fast. Going to up the carbs to 130 or so and drop HIIT and do 45 min cardio. Keeping the 5x5 for 3 months

Any suggestions for good low glycemic index carbs?