Accesorry Lift Carry Over

Ok in your expereince what has given you the best carry over to your bench press… skull crushers or close grip bench press

Both did just at different times. Hope that helps. :slight_smile: Sorry for the smarky answer but in all reality I would do JM presses as this has really helped myself and my clients alot.

A jm press is a hybrid lift that is both a skullcrusher and CGP. Makes your day easier when choosing.

Jm press is indeed, to me, better than both skull crushers & or CGbench. I do also like to add in board pressing, as Ive found the heavier weights (with the boards) help me with my bench.

Dips and M presses

I stopped doing Skull crushers years ago. My old elbows can’t take it. I like Flat Tate’s, incline Tate’s, push downs, behind the neck DB press, and all kinds of close grip variations.

dips get brought in 2 cycles from now and I am tossing skulls for CGB. I like compound moves better anyway. I am hoping that by increasing my military press incline press and chins that every thing else will sky rocket around it. I am really lacking in these 3 areas so we will see how it all goes over the summer. I will probably go to a 3 day a week template once the boys go back to school.

Have you tried the JM presses? Lots of people swear by them. I have watched the video’s but I am never sure I am doing them right…

I have seen the videos but never tried them maybe I will start working on the form real light and see if I like them almost seems like a real narrow pushup but on your back

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
Have you tried the JM presses? Lots of people swear by them. I have watched the video’s but I am never sure I am doing them right…[/quote]

Im in the same boat your in> Ive seen them done on video.But ill be damned if I ve ever done them right.