Accelerade Gimmick?

It’s a new sports drink that is supposed to aid with performance and recovery, with 4 grams of protien. Has anybody tried it? Is it helpful of just another gimik?

Thanks.

Accelerade is far from new, it’s been out for at least several years.

It’s basically sugar and WPC, so it doesn’t contain anything special either.

I had a friend try it out for shits and giggles. He said it tasted like milk and gatorade mixed together (basically shit). I haven’t tried it yet so take that with a grain of salt.

Its basically gatorade and protein, the same thing a lot of us mix for our pre and post workout shakes. It uses the 4:1 carbs to protein ratio researched and presented in the book nutrient timing. Its a good read. I havent tried the stuff so I can’t comment on the taste, but something tells me it would taste just like my PWO shake. If you can buy it in bulk it may be worth the price, otherwise it is going to be more expensive than other options.

It’s really expensive. That being said, it’s similar (although not nearly identical) to Surge. Obviously Surge is far superior, but I’m sure Accelerade works fine. I had some the other day, and it tastes almost identical to the “Isopure” protein drinks.

I thought it tasted like gatorade…maybe SLIGHTLY different but just like any new flavor would taste a bit different…I was surprised by the taste…made me think maybe there wasn’t really protein in it at all.

Last I checked it had something like 8-12 g of protein.

And I believe it was WPI.

It tasted like when I’ve mixed unflavored protein with gatorade.

It’s not really a “gimik” per se.

It’s better than gatorade, but not as good as, say, Surge.