T Nation

Acai Berry Juice?

I recently heard of Acai Berrys and wanted to try some
because of all the omegas antioxidants and vitamines it had in it where can i get this and what am i expecting to pay

ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Juice tastes like blueberrys and chocolate to me to expensive tho

I got some at Costco, two bottles ( I believe each is a liter) for about $18US. I usually drink only about 200ml or so of it with some cheese, as it has a wine-like taste to me.

Has there not been tonnes of spam emails/msn things flying around about this berry, apparently amazing for weightloss?

Scott

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
Has there not been tonnes of spam emails/msn things flying around about this berry, apparently amazing for weightloss?

Scott[/quote]

I never heard about its weightloss benefits. Here in Brazil its considered more of a weight gain food (popular among fighters and people who do weight training) because its very calorie dense.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
Has there not been tonnes of spam emails/msn things flying around about this berry, apparently amazing for weightloss?

Scott[/quote]

Thats total bullshit dude… We get a tonne of people coming into our store asking the same question… This all started on Oprah, her saying how it AMAZIIIING for weightloss… The downlow is its one of the highest antioxident fruits on the planet… Its good for your brain for your sight etc…

It will have a slight detox effect which in some caises will shed a few pounds, this is from like i said before the high amount of antioxidents. That would probably only be the case if you are a fat slob that has a shit diet, the slight amount of detox it would do would probably not effect anyone on this site because were all amazing and healthy, right???

I don’t think I’ll be taking my BF loss advice from Oprah…

All I heard was that it’s got lots of antioxidants.

[quote]Bosser84 wrote:
It will have a slight detox effect which in some caises will shed a few pounds, this is from like i said before the high amount of antioxidents. That would probably only be the case if you are a fat slob that has a shit diet, the slight amount of detox it would do would probably not effect anyone on this site because were all amazing and healthy, right???
[/quote]

YES SIR!

that shits a total waste of money, my roomate is a sales rep for that stuff and he charges 60 bucks for roughly 1.2 liters

[quote]Alpha wrote:
I don’t think I’ll be taking my BF loss advice from Oprah…[/quote]

Oprah is a ho… But dude everytime she says a product is good, we get flooded with people who want it, I tell it like it is but everyone thinks her opinion is the bomb, so be it… Mooola in my pocket…

just eat regular fruit…blueberries etc.

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS![/quote]

THE PRICE! IT’S OVER NINE THOUSAND!

acai berries only maintain their nutritional properties when consumed frozen, if you’re taking the liquid form basically you’re wasting your money

[quote]Sermario wrote:
acai berries only maintain their nutritional properties when consumed frozen, if you’re taking the liquid form basically you’re wasting your money [/quote]

Got a source on that? I wouldn’t mind reading more…