AC Arthrosis Rehab

I had surgery four days ago, and have begun rehab. I am working with a physical therapist who is supposed to be good with athletes. Right now, he has me doing a series of stretches twice a day, which takes me 30 to 40 minutes each time. I’m doing isometric internal and external rotations, pendulum swings, and shoulder rotations with a wand.

I’ll go in every week for evaluation and adjustments.

Any other suggestions? Realistically, how soon until I can squat, DL, and bench?

Thanks.

What exactly is an AC arthosis? I just had arthoscopic shoulder decompression about 6 weeks ago so if its similiar I might have some tips.

[quote] Matt wrote:
What exactly is an AC arthosis? I just had arthoscopic shoulder decompression about 6 weeks ago so if its similiar I might have some tips.[/quote]

Bear with my poor explanation. It’s when the joint between clavicle and acromion becomes aggravated. They go in there and grind off the end of the clavicle. Very common in weightlifters.

Sounds similar to mine. They went in on mine and shaved down the undersides of all the bones around my ac joint to create more space.

I had 2 weeks “off” and by off, I did just about nothing with my left arm and used machines to train my right arm and legs.

After 2 weeks I was cleared to rehab. He said lots of stretching of the posterior capsule of that shoulder and any training that involves the shouder at 25%. I could then increase that 25% every 10 days.

At week 6 (this week) he told me to stay at 75% for just upper body (bench) for another 2 weeks and by then it should either be good as new or I need to go see him again.

Along with that, typical ice, NSAIDS, etc…