Abused Bulldog: Just a grumpy SOB

A few of my favorite Non heavy metal tunes :slight_smile: Got a feeling these might bruise my image:)

Bulldog, with the numbers you put up, you could listen to Kidz Bop all day long and no one would give you hell. But I have to day that is some damn good timeless music you have listed.

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Iā€™m sorta starting to feel excited my shoulder feel great and I can tell things are starting to click again with the bench.[/quote]

Send some of that my way.

You really crack me up.

I came across this pic of myself from Halloween 02 ,I think.

Needless to say my place in Hell is reserved.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:.

Send some of that my .[/quote]

Little Lady if I could I would, if it would help you out. But in all seriousness my bench has pretty much has stalled this year . But Iā€™m now seeing indications that its getting ready to jump. I hope maybe sometime this year Ill hit one of my goals and re hit my best every. I think thatā€™s been the hardest thing for me since Ive been back at it is dealing with rebuilding all my numbers back up. Once I finally hit it on at least on the bench ill be one happy puppy:)

[quote]Bench: bar x 20
95 x 10
135 x 10
155 x 5
195 x 5
230 x 3
275 x 3
310 x 3
340 x 3[/quote]

Wow. Thereā€™s a lot of beastly people in the over-35 forum. Youā€™ll be a terror if this is what youā€™re pushing when youā€™re in a self-described ā€œrutā€. Since you mentioned the beltā€¦ Iā€™d like to respectfully ask an opinion. Considering the whole balancing act between lifting raw and building core strength, and using the belt for necessary core stabilization during max effort lifts, at what point does a guy really need to use the belt?

Thoughts?

[quote]kineticj wrote:
Bulldog, with the numbers you put up, you could listen to Kidz Bop all day long and no one would give you hell. But I have to day that is some damn good timeless music you have listed. [/quote]

LoLā€¦ unfortunately I donā€™t think my numbers as of yet garnish me that kind of protection ,but thanks for the compliment.

Hereā€™s a few other bits of music for you.

^^^ Yeah its Bolton get over it .I like the song and he does a good version of it. ( damn!! my Testosterone level just dropped)

more to come.

[quote]Canada_K wrote:

[quote]Bench: bar x 20
95 x 10
135 x 10
155 x 5
195 x 5
230 x 3
275 x 3
310 x 3
340 x 3[/quote]

Wow. Thereā€™s a lot of beastly people in the over-35 forum. Youā€™ll be a terror if this is what youā€™re pushing when youā€™re in a self-described ā€œrutā€. Since you mentioned the beltā€¦ Iā€™d like to respectfully ask an opinion. Considering the whole balancing act between lifting raw and building core strength, and using the belt for necessary core stabilization during max effort lifts, at what point does a guy really need to use the belt?

Thoughts?
[/quote]

First Hello. Word of warning Iā€™m a long winded S.O.B. But you did ask my ā€œopinionā€ :slight_smile:
( for what its worth)

Well where to begin? ugh. OK .You understand using a actual" power beltā€™ gives your abdominal wall something to push against. Which first helps you to stay ā€œtightā€ .Along with creating more internal pressure which is called the ā€œValsalva maneuverā€ With the increase pressure tends to help stabilize the spine.

As regards to the term ā€œcore strengthā€ now understand I go by the original meaning which was dubbed in the late 60ā€™s by a weightlifting coach whoā€™s name escapes me at this time. Not the ripped off version that was pinned in the early 90ā€™s. Not that it matters.

Understand that using a belt still makes one a raw lifter. Except in the mind of some Raw zealots ( Iā€™m sure ill catch hell somewhere). First and and most important its a safety device which will keep your spine healthy in the long run .Now ill admit to a very small degree wearing a belt will add to certain lifts but this is due to the extra support. But not wearing it for some miss guided idealism just doesnā€™t make sense.

Now this is how I approach using a belt.

Bench: normally donā€™t wear one ,the exception being the other day.

Overhead pressing: around 200 plus

Squats : normally Ill belt up around 70% of max

Deads: I have found for me that my form is slightly different when I add it so i tend to wear it a lot soonerā€¦

but understand even if you wearing a belt your ā€œcoreā€ is still being worked.

Also, a person also needs to learn how to use a belt.

Since I really donā€™t know much about you ,I will say when you are doing " max effort " on squats or dead movements i would say slap that belt on. Just donā€™t be one of those guys who walks around in the gym all day with it on. well thatā€™s my $0.02.If anyone reading this wants to add on feel free.

^^ ā€œC-Kā€ after seeing your log, I might have dumbed down my reply more then I needed too .Didnā€™t how long you had been at it. Sorry if i came across as if I was talking down to you. Since thatā€™s the feeling I get after I reread my reply.

1/7/2011

warm up: the normal

Squat: bar x 20
135 x 10
200 x 5
250 x 5
300 x 3
350 x 3ā€¦added belt
400 x 3
450 x 3ā€¦Added briefs.well on a good note my issue with my groin is getting better even if last night my oldest son was showing me a wrestling move where he shot out and lifted my good leg higher then he should have.My left one told me to go to hell.

I was going to do three heavier singles. But I was the only one in the weight room and didn't have anyone there to call my depth.

Leg press: 3 x 10 x some metal plates

Standing band ab crunches: Medium band x didnā€™t keep track just went until I was well worked

Alright,Before anyone says anything. No I didnā€™t do the 5x5 like I said I was going to do. After thinking it over Ive decided just to steal a few concepts from Gillingham. With other aspect of my lifts coming along Iā€™m too Leary to over haul my program to that extent and then follow it for the called for 16 weeks. Not while Iā€™m planning for a Meet in April.

I was going to do three heavier singles. But I was the only one in the weight room and didnā€™t have anyone there to call my depth.

[/quote]
The camera is the best squat judge around.

Alright I need this video to boost my Testosterone level status.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

I was going to do three heavier singles. But I was the only one in the weight room and didnā€™t have anyone there to call my depth.

[/quote]
The camera is the best squat judge around.[/quote]

Actually my beautiful wife has become a pretty good judge on depth :slight_smile:

Needless to say my place in Hell is reserved.[/quote]

1997 Friend and I went as Nuns. I be right beside you man.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

1997 Friend and I went as Nuns. I be right beside you man. [/quote]

Luckily my buddy didnā€™t dress up as a" Alter boy" as we had originally plannedā€¦

You understand donā€™t you ? When we booth end up in Hell that in all reality we will be forced to do " functional training". While we are force to listen to the moronic musings of a polo wearing personal trainer as he informs us that squatting is bad for are knees and that deadlifts are dangerous. Which we will be forced to endure for the rest of eternity.

DUDE!

I wasnā€™t offended. The longer the reply, the more I can learn. As far as belts, I donā€™t think Iā€™m lifting heavy enough yet to earn the right to wear oneā€¦ EVER! Maybe if I move past a 3 wheel squat or deadlift Iā€™ll whip it outā€¦ whilst wearing the purple leopard print speedo, of course.

A side thought. Lots of strength and mobibity experts spit venom over any exercise that flexes the spine under tension (I.e. Crunches). Whatā€™s your angle here?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

1997 Friend and I went as Nuns. I be right beside you man. [/quote]

Luckily my buddy didnā€™t dress up as a" Alter boy" as we had originally plannedā€¦

You understand donā€™t you ? When we booth end up in Hell that in all reality we will be forced to do " functional training". While we are force to listen to the moronic musings of a polo wearing personal trainer as he informs us that squatting is bad for are knees and that deadlifts are dangerous. Which we will be forced to endure for the rest of eternity.[/quote]

While they play Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga in the background. Steady state cardio on a treadmill for hours on end, with 400 pound women in thongs strut around doing stiff legged dead lift and lunges. I need to stop I have a sick mind.

Lady Gaga is awesome. She wears meat.

Justin Beiber sucks balls and should be officially declared a girl.

Interesting definition of hell, my friend.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

, with 400 pound women in thongs strut around doing stiff legged dead lift and lunges. I need to stop I have a sick mind. [/quote]

Oh the humanity!!!