warm up : the normal

Bench: Bar x 20
135 X 10
150 x 5
190 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
285 x 5
320 x 5…playing with the new version of 5/3/1 just did called for reps Left shoulder is starting to feel normal

Flat DB press : 3 X 10 X 100

One arm DB rows : 100 X 10 / 3 X 10 X 125

Tate press : 4 X 10 X some weight

Alt DB curls : 4 X 10 X who cares

Before I spend the $$ on a bench shirt . Im going to order a Mark Bell sling shot.

What do you think is off with your DL?

Always love the doggie pics on here.

glad you like my Bulldog picks :slight_smile:

But about the Deadlift. After going over the my meet video ive got a general idea what the issue might be. Either one its a motor control issue . Or my quads are just gotten freakin weak. But either way my quads arent doing there job at the start of the pull . Which is forcing my hips to do most of the work breaking the weight off the ground. So instead of my pulls looking like figure " A " its starting to look like figure “B” .

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:

But about the Deadlift. After going over the my meet video ive got a general idea what the issue might be. Either one its a motor control issue . Or my quads are just gotten freakin weak. But either way my quads arent doing there job at the start of the pull . Which is forcing my hips to do most of the work breaking the weight of the ground. So instead of my pulls looking like figure " A " its starting to look like figure “B” . [/quote]

Damn fine illustration!
And seeing what you are saying, no wonder my back hurts.

But about the Deadlift. After going over the my meet video ive got a general idea what the issue might be. Either one its a motor control issue . Or my quads are just gotten freakin weak. But either way my quads arent doing there job at the start of the pull . Which is forcing my hips to do most of the work breaking the weight of the ground. So instead of my pulls looking like figure " A " its starting to look like figure “B” . [/quote]

I’d look to Ripptoe for help. I’ve read an article from him about getting the quads more active in the deadlift. As I remember it, he recommended use shoes with a an slightly elevated heel 1" - 1 1/2" (I could be wrong)

I’ll see if I can dig it up…

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

Damn fine illustration!
And seeing what you are saying, no wonder my back hurts.[/quote]

waited !! Dont take my word as gospel.

[quote]Schmidt wrote:

I’d look to Ripptoe for help. I’ve read an article from him about getting the quads more active in the deadlift. As I remember it, he recommended use shoes with a an slightly elevated heel 1" - 1 1/2" (I could be wrong)

I’ll see if I can dig it up… [/quote]

Thanks.

12/ 10 / 2010

warm up : the usual

Squat: Bar x 20
135 x 10
195 x 5
245 x 5
295 x 5
320 x 5…added briefs, groin was acting up plus added belt
365 x 5
425 x 5 … called it after 2 reps things just werent clicking

GM’s: 225 x 6 / 225 x 6 / 225 x 10 …did them super strict

Leg press : 3 x 20 x someweight…I havent done a leg press in years just not a big fan of them other then a assistance exercise. Cant stand guys that brag about there leg press but cant squat to save there ass.

Standing ab crunches ; 5 x 10 x medium band.

Damn it !!! I was off work today . So I trained this morning. Thing is morning sessions always suck for me. I was tight as hell and i couldnt seem to get warmed up. My last set of squats I damn near dumped the load because my hammies and hips where so tight I could not sit back very well.

Cant stand guys that brag about there leg press but cant squat to save there ass.

[/quote]
This annoys me too. I had a guy tell me in the gym once that he held the state record for leg press. Can’t say I’ve ever seen leg pressing at a PL meet before.

I find that my back aches when I use this machine. So I avoid it.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

Cant stand guys that brag about there leg press but cant squat to save there ass.

[/quote]
This annoys me too. I had a guy tell me in the gym once that he held the state record for leg press. Can’t say I’ve ever seen leg pressing at a PL meet before.

I find that my back aches when I use this machine. So I avoid it.[/quote]

State Record in Leg Press ?!!?! LOF !! I guess that makes him a manly man. Its funny how guys like that will use some insane amount of weight on a leg press but they say they dont squat because there afraid of tearing up there knees by squatting.

My wife will beat my ass if she finds out I just ordered a sling shot.

State record in Leg Press? WTF? Hahaha that’s funny. Did he look serious? It’s a terrible machine for the lower back.

Obvious Snap , the gent must have found you very attractive and was trying to impress you with his manly accomplishments. Or you threaten his male ego with your lifting. take your pic.

Obvious Snap , the gent must have found you very attractive and was trying to impress you with his manly accomplishments. Or you threaten his male ego with your lifting. take your pic.[/quote]

Well, you can’t blame him for the former. To the latter, however, I believe that MJ would say, “Lift harder!”

^^ very true

12/13/2010

warm up : the normal

M Presses : Bar x 20
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
150 x 5
170 x 5
195 x 5 … Plenty left in the tank

Pulldowns : 5 x 10 x someweight

Close grip Bench ( index finger smooth): 225 x 3/ 275 x 3 / 315 x 3 / 225 x 15

Lateral raises : 3 x 10 x some weight … Figured why not havent done these in awhile.

cybex arm curl : few sets

Thats about it.

1. Im going to start doing cleans as part of my deadlifting program again. Why not ?..

2. The "Sling shot "came in today . The wife was very unhappy.( Hell she was pissed !!!)

Tried the “Sling shot” out by doing some push ups. Damn !!! Did 50 no problem felt next to no stress in my shoulders!!! I think Im in love !!!

12/15/2010

Warm up : the normal

Power Cleans: 95 x 5
135 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 2…Slower then hell no real explosion
225 x 2 … high pulls

deads: 325 x 5
375 x 5
425 x 5

Stiff leag sumo deads : 225 x 8 /315 x 8 /315 x 10

Standing ab crunches : 5 x 10 x someweight.

Im sorta regretting dropping the power cleans in the first place.