Absurd Nutritional 'Advice'

[quote]elih8er wrote:
The doc was probably confusing it with creatinine which is not good at all for renal function…[/quote]

No compentant doctor should be confusing those two.

I met a seminar speaker at one of the weekly seminars that I go to who basically said that he thought that the top 50% of general practitioner MD’s found something better (i.e., more interesting, more profitable) to do within 10 years of graduating from medical school than seeing patients. This included: hospital administrator, starting a company, academic research, etc.

That leaves the bottom 50% to see and treat patients. This particular fellow (an MD/PHD) had set up a company in fly genetics to do functional assays for drug target identification. Very unsettling to hear – but also very anecdotical.

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
I should stop taking all those supplements (protein powder, fish oil, creatine, vitamins,ZMA) because my body will become dependent on it, and if I get off them later on, my body will degenerate.

Nuff said[/quote]

You should also give up food, many people become dependent on food and can’t go without it anymore.

I hear water can also be a problem in this way.

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
I should stop taking all those supplements (protein powder, fish oil, creatine, vitamins,ZMA) because my body will become dependent on it, and if I get off them later on, my body will degenerate.

Nuff said[/quote]

I hear this shit too.

Granted, I think you should cycle most things on and off - or at least vary brands - but sometimes people get f*cking absurd about it. “You shouldn’t take multivitamins for too long because your body will lose the ability to make them on its own.”

Lol wut?

[quote]fatInIC wrote:
I met a seminar speaker at one of the weekly seminars that I go to who basically said that he thought that the top 50% of general practitioner MD’s found something better (i.e., more interesting, more profitable) to do within 10 years of graduating from medical school than seeing patients. This included: hospital administrator, starting a company, academic research, etc.

That leaves the bottom 50% to see and treat patients. This particular fellow (an MD/PHD) had set up a company in fly genetics to do functional assays for drug target identification. Very unsettling to hear – but also very anecdotical.

[/quote]

lol. Random- did he set up this company somewhat recently?

People always hassle me about my diet. I’ve seen alot of great results on it, and I personally feel like anyone that says its dangerious just hasn’t done theyr’e reserch. I’m cutting right now so my diet looks like this: Daily

15 Cigarettes
        12 scoops protein powder
        1.5 gallons distilled water
        .5 oreo cookies
        5 organic green beans 
        As much deca as I can afford.  

Nope – it has been around for a few years. Made a ton of money – and no longer has to work – but he does.

[quote]actionjeff wrote:

fatInIC wrote:

[/quote]

“It’s better to eat nothing than to eat something bad.”

[quote]fatInIC wrote:
Nope – it has been around for a few years. Made a ton of money – and no longer has to work – but he does.

actionjeff wrote:

fatInIC wrote:

[/quote]

ahh. Random. my dad recently got a job pretty much running the science side of a company just like that with business types behind it. I figured there weren’t many like it that fit the bill. applied fruit fly genetics research is on the decline

My father just told me Surge would give me diabetes.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_74826.html
Any more than 1 egg per day greatly increases your risk of Type II diabetes.

(Or as it was reported in my local newspaper, “any more than one egg per week doubles your risk of diabetes”)

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_74826.html
Any more than 1 egg per day greatly increases your risk of Type II diabetes.

(Or as it was reported in my local newspaper, “any more than one egg per week doubles your risk of diabetes”)[/quote]

All this stuff is so annoying!! This study sucks and is so vague they didn’t consider all the other stuff like high carb trash they eat with it!

I’m tired of people’s negative “advise” about my low carb diet, like i’m gonna listen to some fat idiot telling me protein shakes are a health hazard for some reason… somehow wtf? They need to comment for no apparent reason when they don’t know shit!

[quote]therajraj wrote:
eaboadar wrote:
Check this out:

Muy aunt did a diet called the “anti-diet” where you were allowed to combien two “types” of foods during your meals, so you would either eat:

1. salad and carbs (a very anti catabolic combo. lol)

2. salad and meat

You were however not allowed to eat carbs and protein. Sounds like a fucked up version of John Berardi´s protein+carbs and protein+fats principle

I read this in Andreas Moritz book entitled “Timeless Secrets of Health and Rejuvenation”

[/quote]

He goes on to say that combining Protein and Carbs is bad combo because the body has a harder time digesting both compounds. Also, he claims that ill combo’s of foods can aid in the occurrence of Chronic Diseases.

Interesting stuff… anyone read any other info related to this topic?

yeah, 50% of my clients get shocked when I propose them to eat eggs at breakfast, but most of them get very happy :slight_smile: it was funny at first, but now I’m sick and tired from all this “holesterol” fear…

and if you want to read rediculous advises - see canadian food guide, it guides you directly to the doctor’s office in a while and then you’ll get lots of prescriptions for “free”