Absorption in Supplements

As I spend more and more money on supplements I wonder about ways to increase their efficacy. I remember the old methoxy was advertised saying that nearly 100% was converted. How does this work with other supplements?

PowerDrive says that you take it on an empty stomach. Is this because food/fiber absorbs it making it useless or wasted through excrement? How many grams of protein can be utilized fully? I’ve read that in a 40 gram protein shake only 20-30 grams are absorbed and used. “M” requires an empty stomach as well. Ephedra is said to have a greater effect and hit the body faster if taken on an empty stomach or 45 minutes before each meal.

I've read that in most over the counter multivitamins a very low percentage is actually absorbed. Have there been any studies on absorption? What steps (timing in relation to food intake) can one take to make sure the various supplements they are on are fully absorbed/used (if such a thing is possible)? I'd hate to have taken some metamucil before taking a "serum-based" supplement such as MAG-10 or methoxy-7 and have the fiber absorb it all and rid it from my body.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I’ve searched through the t-mag archives but I’ve found nothing that hits this issue directly.

I don’t believe fiber could be an issue with MAG-10 or Methoxy-7, or any Biotest supplement.

Also, no Biotest supplement requires an empty stomach even if the label suggests it. I can’t think of one that I’d expect absorption to be better on an empty stomach. The reason when it says that is probably that a study was done that way, for the sake of consistency, so it’s more proven to work.

What about Bioperine and LPC (lysophosphtydilcholine)? They are both dirt cheap so it wouldnt be to much of a waste to try it

Check out Brock’s article on LPC, “Giving the Devil His Due” in issue 24 as to why you shouldn’t use LPC. As far as bioperine (piperine) it may enhance the bioavailability of many drugs and supplements; however, it has been shown to be cytotoxic, mutagenic, and potentially carcinogenic under some circumstances. Most importantly, in albino rats it has been shown to significantly reduce the weights of testes and accessory sex organs and cause severe damage to the seminiferous tubles. This is something most T-men want to avoid.