Absolutely NO FAT on My Stomach!

[quote]kain wrote:
I’m working at the endoscopy station right now. Well I more or less have to.
That hole COULD also be the entry to your appendix or small intestine. Because if you really have a whole in your gastric they would’ve probably told you and did something about it.But I don’t know, I’m no doctor…

There is a chance that you can see part of the colonoscopy. 'Cause once they’re at the top and go back, most of the time they don’t sedate you anymore because you don’t really feel how they’re going back…At least that’s what they say.

[/quote]

That is an endoscopy. There is no way that is the appendix. You are right though, if he did have a perforated ulcer (hole in his stomach) that is an extremely serious condition which would require immediate treatment (surgery).

[quote]ausg wrote:
That is an endoscopy. There is no way that is the appendix. You are right though, if he did have a perforated ulcer (hole in his stomach) that is an extremely serious condition which would require immediate treatment (surgery).[/quote]

But don’t they sometimes go into to small intestine? couldn’t they go into the appendix from there?

[quote]kain wrote:
ausg wrote:
That is an endoscopy. There is no way that is the appendix. You are right though, if he did have a perforated ulcer (hole in his stomach) that is an extremely serious condition which would require immediate treatment (surgery).

But don’t they sometimes go into to small intestine? couldn’t they go into the appendix from there?[/quote]

Yes they do usually go into the small intestine but only a small distance. The appendix is at the other end of the and the small intestine which is like 6 metres long. So you cannot get that far with an endoscope.
Colonoscopy is where they look at the appendix, as it is located at the beginning of the large intestine.

I just thought it looked like a google image I saw when I searched for “peptic ulcer”.

I’m going to eat start eating yogurt asap, in case it is that h. pylori bacteria.

They took a biopsy and said they’ll call and mail the results to me.

The pain I’ve had in my stomach used to be settled by taking those one-a-day Pepcid AC’s, but the last 6-7 months, it’s been taking more to stop the pain, up to 4 of those. Prilosec OTC worked, but says not to take the 2 week cycle of pills more than once every 4 months, but I have been.

Now my doctor has me on aciphex, so I’m thinking with all this time I lowered the acid in my stomach (3 years total if you count back when tums used to work), it would sound like that h. pylori bacteria would have a good chance to grow.

Your doctor was south-asian?

That’s an EGD, first 2 images from esophagus, the GE junction, which looks fairly normal, maybe a bit of inflammation consistent with some GERD, the 3rd one is the antrum with the endoscope retroflexed, 4th is the pylorus, then 5th and 6th the duodenum and the last one your stomach again. All in one looking pretty normal. Wait on the biopsies, may need treatment for H Pylori. Read up GERD and what to do to minimize symptoms. Good luck!

[quote]catone wrote:
That’s an EGD, first 2 images from esophagus, the GE junction, which looks fairly normal, maybe a bit of inflammation consistent with some GERD, the 3rd one is the antrum with the endoscope retroflexed, 4th is the pylorus, then 5th and 6th the duodenum and the last one your stomach again. All in one looking pretty normal. Wait on the biopsies, may need treatment for H Pylori. Read up GERD and what to do to minimize symptoms. Good luck![/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the break down.
It’s nice to know what I’m looking at.

[quote]SWR wrote:
catone wrote:
That’s an EGD, first 2 images from esophagus, the GE junction, which looks fairly normal, maybe a bit of inflammation consistent with some GERD, the 3rd one is the antrum with the endoscope retroflexed, 4th is the pylorus, then 5th and 6th the duodenum and the last one your stomach again. All in one looking pretty normal. Wait on the biopsies, may need treatment for H Pylori. Read up GERD and what to do to minimize symptoms. Good luck!

Awesome, thanks for the break down.
It’s nice to know what I’m looking at. [/quote]

A first hand diagnosis from House himself can’t be a bad thing.

[quote]Mettahl wrote:
What are all of those holes and openings? Can I put my fingers in them?[/quote]

LOL!