Absolute Beginner, Needs Help!

When I walk into the gym nothing else matters. The job, the woman, the kids, the finances, the constant never ending grind, NOTHING else matters except that I want to crush some freaking weights.
My mind literally goes blank when I walk into the gym and all I focus on is my training session and nothing else. I don’t have a problem in the world.

It’s a mindset. I see so many people join the gym and train for a few months only to never see them again. I gather they feel that joining the gym was all they needed to do then suddenly their layers of fat would disappear and be replaced with slabs of muscle. Well no that doesn’t happen no matter what crap you may read.

Before even joining a gym one should start on nutrition. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy and certainly don’t bother with any crazy diets. Just get into the habit of cutting sugar and trans fats altogether. Just by doing this alone you will see a huge difference. Instead of drinking coke drink water. Instead of snacking on chocolate bars and chips have fruit or nuts. Instead of eating take away and pizza have real meat and vegetables. Instead of box cereal or toast for breakfast eat oats or eggs. The basic thing here is to eat real food. Man made food is rubbish.

Just by doing this you will start to see results immediately.

For training you should look at something like a 3 days per week plan. Don’t train for any longer then an hour. No need to beat yourself up. It just isn’t necessary. Your body will adjust to a new stimulus.
Basically all you need is a Squat, Deadlift (Conventional/Romanian), Horizontal push (Flat Bench Barbell /Dumbbell Press), Horizontal Pull (Barbell/Dumbbell Row), Vertical Push (Military Press/Dumbbell Press), Vertical Pull(Pull Ups/Lat Pulldowns).

Don’t waste you time with abdominal exercises. As you probably already know you can’t lose belly fat by doing abdominal exercises so basically the only reason to do them is to strengthen your abdominals. This will happen anyway by doing compound exercises so direct work is a waste of time at this stage.

The best thing about a training plan like this is it’s only 3 days of the week you are giving up so there is a good chance you just might stick to it. It also works so once you start seeing results you will keep the motivation up and push harder for further body transformations. Keep a record of your sessions and try and improve a little bit each time. Linear progress can work for a long time so just by doing a little bit extra each session can make a big difference in the long term.

The main thing is you need to stick to it for at least 8-12 weeks. Don’t go changing programs half way through. That is a massive mistake. Stick to it and enjoy your new healthy life.