Absolut Aztlan

Since a disproportionate number of America’s armed forces, not to mention most of our best generals come from The South, it’s pretty safe to say that we would have most of Varq’s map painted green in no time.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
Here’s what I’m holding out for.

And I don’t even drink Absolut.

Shit. With that map, I become a Canuck. I don’t have enough problems? ;-]

I guess I pack up and move west under those circumstances. The only question is, where?

Well we’ve got guns, grass fed beef, open spaces, and freedom in the Western Confederation. You’re welcome if you’re not a quiche eating tree-hugging emo hippie guido douchebag. (no offense to any of the serious left persuasion entering the thread)[/quote]

LOL!, that I am not!

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Since a disproportionate number of America’s armed forces, not to mention most of our best generals come from The South, it’s pretty safe to say that we would have most of Varq’s map painted green in no time.
[/quote]

Just like we did during the Civil War.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Just like we did during the Civil War. [/quote]

We lost that one because the North had industry and the moral high ground. This time the North is divided between Canada and the UN. I mean, come on.

Right now there are three major secessionist movements going on in the United States: South Carolina, supposedly over gay marriage, Montana over the Supreme Court’s interpretation of the Second Amendment, and Vermont and Maine over… um, shit, Yankee contrariness as far as I can tell.

Tally that in with Alberta’s longtime rumblings to be free of the Ottawa welfare government, and the fact that Texas (the only sovereign nation ever to become a state of the Union) really can take its ball and leave any time it wants, and we have our three confederations.

Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine have natural affinities to one another not shared by, say, Massachusetts (let’s not forget that Maine seceded from Massachusetts in the first place), and the Southern Confederacy is pretty much unchanged from the 1860 one, with the obvious exceptions of Missouri (no compromise this time) and Texas (which is more West than South in any damn case).

The rest of the Western Confederacy should be obvious. All of these states have more in common with one another, and with their Canadian brothers to the immediate north, than any of them have with the fucking pod people in Washington or Ottawa. To paraphrase my learned colleague Aragorn, we have God, gold, guns, guts, and grass-fed beef. Oh, and the largest nuclear arsenal in the world.

And let’s not shed a tear for the Pacific Coast. It will be ceded to Mexico, but will be much like Cuba in the 1950s: a tax-free playground with duty-free liquor and tobacco, and legal gambling and prostitution. Plus (also like Cuba), the Confederate Navy will still have bases along the coast, and the Confederate Marines will control Oceanside and San Diego.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
And let’s not shed a tear for the Pacific Coast. It will be ceded to Mexico, but will be much like Cuba in the 1950s: a tax-free playground with duty-free liquor and tobacco, and legal gambling and prostitution. Plus (also like Cuba), the Confederate Navy will still have bases along the coast, and the Confederate Marines will control Oceanside and San Diego. [/quote]

I don’t know why people are so down on Mexico. It may have a corrupt government but at least we know what’s what there.

Mexico is my fall-back plan just in case things don’t go the way I anticipate. Property is relatively still cheap there as long as the gringos keep out.

dk44 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

We lost that one because the North had industry and the moral high ground. This time the North is divided between Canada and the UN. I mean, come on.[/quote]

Fuck it, I’m in.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
[/quote]

V-

Who’s the new avatar?

[quote]new2training wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

V-

Who’s the new avatar?[/quote]

Check out the claws and sideburns, man. That’s Wolverine.

Hmmm. A quick look at the Treaty of Paris tells me that Texas wasn’t the only sovereign and independent nation to join the United States.

“His Brittanic Majesty acknowledges the said United States, viz., New Hampshire, Massachusetts Bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia, to be free sovereign and independent states, that he treats with them as such, and for himself, his heirs, and successors, relinquishes all claims to the government, propriety, and territorial rights of the same and every part thereof.”

Technically, every state which was not a territory at the time of its inclusion into the union was a sovereign nation. We’re talking semantics here, but accuracy is always important.

According to International Law, to be a sovereign nation you need territory, a population, and a government. On a more practical level, you also need the political will to determine your own fate, the resources to support and enrich your population, and the means to defend your people and your territory.

Of course, these are essentially the same things that you need to be a free man.

Don’t forget the free state Wyoming project.

I can definitely say I lived through the peak of California. It’s definitely in decline now.

Having lived in the state of California until the early eighties, then sporadically until the beginning of the Bush (George I) administration, I can concur that the state is in decline, just by looking around now. High prices, low quality, unbelievably high taxes, and hardly any worthwhile government services that might justify those taxes.

I haven’t forgotten about Wyoming, and applaud the Free Staters both there and in New Hampshire. I just consider the West a single entity, with a common destiny.

And I must say, PRCalDude, it’s a lot more fun talking about this kind of stuff than arguing over biblical minutiae.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Having lived in the state of California until the early eighties, then sporadically until the beginning of the Bush (George I) administration, I can concur that the state is in decline, just by looking around now. High prices, low quality, unbelievably high taxes, and hardly any worthwhile government services that might justify those taxes.

I haven’t forgotten about Wyoming, and applaud the Free Staters both there and in New Hampshire. I just consider the West a single entity, with a common destiny.

And I must say, PRCalDude, it’s a lot more fun talking about this kind of stuff than arguing over biblical minutiae.

[/quote]

Agreed. I’ll try to steer clear. Unless it’s with lixy.

[/quote]

True. On the other hand, we have NORAD, and nuke silos buried all over the West. So we can hold our own against foreign powers. But why fight? We should just join forces–we have more in common with you Southerners than any of those other wankers. Together…we could take anybody! Besides, I’m liking your food and hospitality.

Of course, I’d have to ask the other Western Confederate souls for approval first…

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Hmmm. A quick look at the Treaty of Paris tells me that Texas wasn’t the only sovereign and independent nation to join the United States.

“His Brittanic Majesty acknowledges the said United States, viz., New Hampshire, Massachusetts Bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia, to be free sovereign and independent states, that he treats with them as such, and for himself, his heirs, and successors, relinquishes all claims to the government, propriety, and territorial rights of the same and every part thereof.”

Technically, every state which was not a territory at the time of its inclusion into the union was a sovereign nation. We’re talking semantics here, but accuracy is always important.

According to International Law, to be a sovereign nation you need territory, a population, and a government. On a more practical level, you also need the political will to determine your own fate, the resources to support and enrich your population, and the means to defend your people and your territory.

Of course, these are essentially the same things that you need to be a free man. [/quote]

I think Hawaii qualifies as well - though it first joined as a territory, and then became a state:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

True. On the other hand, we have NORAD, and nuke silos buried all over the West. So we can hold our own against foreign powers. But why fight? We should just join forces–we have more in common with you Southerners than any of those other wankers. Together…we could take anybody! Besides, I’m liking your food and hospitality.

Of course, I’d have to ask the other Western Confederate souls for approval first…[/quote]

We need a 4th generation movement like Col. Thomas Hammes describes. An American nationalist movement.

*DISCLAIMER: I’m not advocating the violent overthrow of the American government.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Of course, I’d have to ask the other Western Confederate souls for approval first…[/quote]

That’s good. I seriously hope that we would never come into conflict with our brothers and former countrymen. The only reason I would advocate The South ever go on the offensive would be if foreign powers like Canada, Mexico, or the UN (lol) tried to annex parts of the former United States.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:

*DISCLAIMER: I’m not advocating the violent overthrow of the American government. [/quote]

Oh, heh-hem Me neither.

Fact is, nobody is advocating the violent overthrow of the Federal Government, any more than Thomas Paine, Samuel Adams or Patrick Henry advocated the overthrow of the British Parliament or the dethroning of George III.

The Federal Government can rule their little strip of territory inside the Beltway to their heart’s content, along with the shining, happy rainbow coalition that is the United Nations.

All the people of the Three Confederacies of America want is to be excused from the empire. We want to be left alone, unmolested by Federal agents, Federal taxes, Federal wars and Federal laws, free to carve out our own destinies independent of the whims of Washington.

dk44 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

We lost that one because the North had industry and the moral high ground. This time the North is divided between Canada and the UN. I mean, come on.[/quote]

I question the fact that anyone had some sort of moral high ground in that goatfuck. Why the reenactors fancy that war is beyond me.

mike