T Nation

Abs Saved Her Life

"Killer Abs Protect Woman in Accident"

http://news.aol.com/health/article/womans-abs-save-her-life/482990

I guess now we finally have that excuse we've been looking for that proves just HAVING big muscles is "functional".

[quote]mr popular wrote:
“Killer Abs Protect Woman in Accident”

http://news.aol.com/health/article/womans-abs-save-her-life/482990

I guess now we finally have that excuse we’ve been looking for that proves just HAVING big muscles is “functional”.[/quote]

Yeah, if I could only get big enough to stop bullets…

yeah im sure her abs prevented her from dying

They also keep people from looking at her face…

I was in a car accident several years back. We were hit from behind by a car going over 50mph while we were standing still. I wasn’t driving but the person who was started moving forward slowly when she noticed the car wasn’t stopping so it wasn’t from a dead stop. I had no injuries and was told it was because of the muscles surrounding my back and neck.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I was in a car accident several years back. We were hit from behind by a car going over 50mph while we were standing still. I wasn’t driving but the person who was started moving forward slowly when she noticed the car wasn’t stopping so it wasn’t from a dead stop. I had no injuries and was told it was because of the muscles surrounding my back and neck.
[/quote]

This reminds me of Flex Wheeler’s horrific car accident.

I doubt the guy would even be walking if he wasn’t wearing a suit of armor made of meat.

[/quote]

Howd your friend end up?

[quote]Defekt wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Howd your friend end up? [/quote]

Neck brace but otherwise fine now (no long term injuries). It was a running joke when Unbreakable came out.

That’s one tough looking chick. WOOF!

[/quote]

I have a friend who had a similar situation happened (5,6ish 200+) Except he was hit by a dump truck (not quite 50mph).