Abs: My LEAST Favorite!

[quote]T-Mag Mod wrote:
raoulsam wrote:
The killer ab exercise, the one I like most is the hanging leg raise (weighted).

R

I agree with you raoulsam. Hanging leg raises are one of my favorite exercises. I love working abs!

;)[/quote]

Hanging leg raises are mostly hip flexors. Hang by your toes from a bar and do a sit-up and reach for the bar.
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITHOUT A SPOTTER!!
Now those require abs.

TNT

Work progressions to a lever. I no longer need to do any abdominal training - I just hold tuck levers for time, 3-5 times a day, 5 or more days a week.

I always thought of it this way… If I don’t train my entire body (yes, to include the abs) I am not doing all I can to get to where I want to be. Clarity and focus require more work then the ab training it self. I found that I had built up abs to be such an arduous task that I dreaded those days.

After a few weeks of doing the training it turned out that I had spent more energy worrying and hating the ab training then the training actually took. Really it’s only 20 to 30 minutes every two or three days. When you get that first indent down the middle of your abs and then you start to see the little squares, when you start to see that result… Yeah it really takes off. Good luck!!! Keep at it.

[quote]Pete Ross wrote:
I like to do low rep, heavy,high tension ab exercises. Dragon flags or standing ab curls with good weight on a cable will get the job done in a few fast sets. High rep stuff tends to be taken over by hip flexors anyway in my experience.[/quote]

I agree with Pete on all counts.

I like doing the ab roller exercises – the kind of wheel you grab and roll out your body. I like that it gets every aspect of your abs at once, good and hard, and very quick.

I’ve got to get some flexibility back, but when I do, I’ll work up to doing them from a standing position all the way out. Used to do them that way all the time. Right now I’m doing a few sets from my knees. If you know how to concentrate on the abs, you can make it so the hip flexors do much, much less work. It’s easy to try to force the arms, hip flexors, back, and shoulders to do too much work, but if you keep yourself honest and keep the weight far away from your body instead of getting the weight under your body quickly, you can get a very tough ab work-out in just a few minutes.

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
T-Mag Mod wrote:
raoulsam wrote:
The killer ab exercise, the one I like most is the hanging leg raise (weighted).

R

I agree with you raoulsam. Hanging leg raises are one of my favorite exercises. I love working abs!

:wink:

Hanging leg raises are mostly hip flexors. Hang by your toes from a bar and do a sit-up and reach for the bar.
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITHOUT A SPOTTER!!
Now those require abs.

TNT[/quote]

Gravity boots let you do the same thing. I like fast ab work-outs, and gravity boot sit-ups fill the bill nicely.