Abs Cramping After 1 Set

Hey, I have been working out for a week now but every time I try to do abs they cramp after 1 set any idea whats causing that?

1 Like

So your not a highly conditioned machine after a whole week? Are you sure it’s a whole week and not 6 days? Maybe by day 7 you will be fine.

5 Likes

Ab cramps are the worst.

Back off on the number of reps (or spread them out over several sets). In due time, your abs will accommodate to the workload and will stop cramping.

1 Like

hamstring cramps are way worser

You ever get a cramp at the base of your tongue from trying to stifle a yawn? Worsest.

5 Likes

If your hamstring cramps are worser, it’s your own damn fault for letting your legs get so big and strong.

Is this real? Sounds horrific

I like getting them in a conference room so I pop out of my seat in front of everyone with no explanation. Even better when I was dozing so I don’t know what’s going on.

YES. I get them mid-yawn and then I try to stop the yawn but YOU CANT STOP YAWNING TIL THE YAWN HAS YAWNED so it’s pretty much like waterboarding.

My vote is for quad cramps as the worst. You have no option but to quickly throw yourself on the ground and kneel like a weirdo.

ever get them trying to take a bite out of something big? Like a fully stacked burger?

It’s agony but you need to get that burger in your face so you have to power through

1 Like

You ever had a hamstring cramp while driving a sports car in traffic. There’s no way to drive a stick with one leg.

I get sartorius cramps all the time, but thankfully, only once while driving.

I do the arms-crossed front squat position and after arm day sometimes a bicep will cramp up at the bottom of the squat and I have to stand up with one arm crossed and the other straight out at an upward angle to prevent dropping the bar, making me look like I’m making a Neo-Nazi fitness routine.

2 Likes

Since I don’t understand your big words, I’m going to take them as disrespect.

2 Likes

After tearing my hamstring, I’ve been known to have severe cramps in inopportune moments: movie theaters, meetings, driving, sex, sleep.

No (serious) hamstring tears on my part, but post-leg-workout is mos def prime time for cramps. For this reason, the missus and I have an understanding that we don’t, uh, go to the movies the evening of Leg day.

1 Like

I enter no such arrangements because I don’t want to have an argument about how much better high frequency training is in my own home.

4 Likes

Have you ever tried other way to use your abs ? For exemple you could try to do the vacuum exercice. It’s a great way to avoid the problem that you have and will help you to have a flat stomach.

And an other thing, do you drink enough water ? Do you eat enough ? Maybe your abs work on other exercices and they cannot fully recover ?

Not from stifling a yawn…just whenever it’s my girlfriend’s birthday…

1 Like

You can choose another set of exercises, it could help.