Abs and Protein

What are some good workouts for abs? do you work them out the same as say, back or legs? (leave 48hours?)

Also when should protien be taken? if you take shakes, should it be 15-30 mins after your workout as suggested? I was reading a thread and some say before they work out and before they go to bed. Also how many times should protien be taken in one day??

Most people will consume protein, from food or supplements, every 3 to 4 hours throughout the day.

Just take your daily protein requirements and divide by the number of meals you’ll have in a day to determine how much protein to shoot for in each meal.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I use and recommend Biotest Surge, for post-workout protein and carbs, immediately after training.

The ab training article by Christiane Lamy is very good - “9 Ab Exercises for More Sex!”

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=576447

And as was already mentioned, protein powder is basically just convenient food. Many people recommend getting 1g of protein per lb bodyweight per day. So if you weigh 200lbs and eat 6 meals a day, you should eat 34 grams of protein with each meal. Read through the nutrition articles by John Berardi in the Article Library.

Low-Carb Grow! is the best tasting protein powder I’ve ever had and Surge is excellent for after your workouts. Good luck!