ABS and BF %

boxing match on hbo

[quote]muscleinkorea wrote:
To get down that low will be near impossible if you are eating rice, beans etc… And if you domget their, you will burn too much muscle doing that.

You need to jump onto the anabolic diet (cyclical ketogenic diet). Eating only meat and fat during the week (no carbs), and then recharging on carbs for 30 hours over the weekend. Your body will turn to fat for energy, and you can nock BF% down quite easily while maintaining and increasing muscle. It has so many added benefits (like increased testosterone, increased release of growth hormone over the weekend etc). Also, you will not be hungry on this diet, and energy will increase.

Anyway, google ‘Anabolic Diet pdf’ and download a copy of the book…[/quote]

You sound like a true believer. Tell me, do you only drink Kool Aid on the weekends?

Just my 2 cents, recently started competing just last year… ive always been around 10-12%, and personally what helped me drop down to below 10 (4-5% actually) was monitoring in detail my diet. sorry very vague answer… i think the whole thing with carbs really depends on how your body handles them. I have tried the AD (short term) and to me, it just wasnt practical to sustain. I think carb cycling is an incredibllly effective way of dieting, but i also think its important to have a good base of muscle mass. I think alot of people go to extreme measures trying to get the all elusive “6 pack” and in the process lose a whole bunch of muscle. Obvisously keepin a weight training program is important, but really being able to feel how your body is reacting week in and week out. finding what the right carb amount is and what the best carb source for you is, and being able to make changes along the way if something isnt working, is extremely important as well. I think diet is extremely important but the training can not be understated, should be of high density, keeping your intensity as high as you can, while tryin to keep the rest periods short (<1 min) also supersetting, drop setting, etc… I was always a high volume kinda person, so i burned alot of calories just in my training. and as far as cardio goes, I didnt over do it at first, 3x a week, mainly consisting of weight training circuits, HIIT methods. that is basically what worked for myself. hope it helped alittle

To get down that low will be near impossible if you are eating rice, beans etc… And if you domget their, you will burn too much muscle doing that.

You need to jump onto the anabolic diet (cyclical ketogenic diet). Eating only meat and fat during the week (no carbs), and then recharging on carbs for 30 hours over the weekend. Your body will turn to fat for energy, and you can nock BF% down quite easily while maintaining and increasing muscle. It has so many added benefits (like increased testosterone, increased release of growth hormone over the weekend etc). Also, you will not be hungry on this diet, and energy will increase.

my god the broscience here is a killer. srsly just shutup

[quote]waelkd wrote:

my god the broscience here is a killer. srsly just shutup
[/quote]

haha after I read that post i thought the exact same thing

I’ve competed in bb contests and have had my bf% down to as little as 4% and for me the best and easiest way of determining what is going wrong or what I need to do is by tracking everything. Your macros. you need to know what you are consuming daily (% wise and grams wise) and you have to constantly be making adjustments. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results. Some people can get ripped with slightly higher carbs than others, and some people need to stay on a lower carbs count.

Psst…you’re 5 years late on this thread.