Abraham Lincoln

[quote]Cream wrote:
Do I do it by quickly posting a cartoon as my avatar, when, after years of ripping on anyone who has the nuts to post their pics in the Photo Section, someone finally calls me out for being fat and not amazingly big?

I’ll post my pics in the thread where you do. This is the same thread you apologize to all the people who have been working hard to build a little muscle and you just midlessly come on and tell them “eat more, you skinny pussies”, as if 5’11" 250 with 23% bodyfat is something to shoot for, and hasn’t been reproduced in gyms all over America for half a century.[/quote]

You clearly don’t have a clue. Most of the people on this forum have seen my pics if not when I first posted them publicly on this site back in 2001, then they have seen them through PM. I wrote many times before that all they had to do was ask. I posted my pics on this site before they even had a picture forum. Because of that, I make no apologies to anyone, least of all you.

If someone can call me out like you continue to do, at least have the balls to show what you look like.

I change my avatar regularly and kept my other picture for over 6 months. Why would I hold the same pic up when I don’t constantly look the same? I make progress, you don’t apparently. I don’t look like I did at 250lbs so why keep that picture up?

[quote]Cream wrote:
Do I do it by quickly posting a cartoon as my avatar, when, after years of ripping on anyone who has the nuts to post their pics in the Photo Section, someone finally calls me out for being fat and not amazingly big?

I’ll post my pics in the thread where you do. This is the same thread you apologize to all the people who have been working hard to build a little muscle and you just midlessly come on and tell them “eat more, you skinny pussies”, as if 5’11" 250 with 23% bodyfat is something to shoot for, and hasn’t been reproduced in gyms all over America for half a century.[/quote]

Also, Cream, I just want to see if you look like I did back when I was only 210lbs. At least show that level of progress up.

[quote]Cream wrote:
Elkhntr1 wrote:
Vroom, I think you are right on the money… creamsy and jerkky are one in the same. They both boast of Olympian physiques and are beyond rationale, small, hostile, little worms.

I think the juvenile hatred is spawned from the same source an abnormal, emotionally stunted, fragile and wounded, mind.

Much like with Michael Jackson, I feel for the child that obviously suffered extreme mental, physical, and emotional abuse, but not for the negative, hate breeding, narcissistic, crippled adult it has become.

I hope this twisted individual gets the treatment it needs and finds whatever kind of peace is possible in the hell hole that is it’s mind.

Man, wrong about this, wrong about just about everything political, wrong about taking steroids to get as big as a high school linebacker, wrong on your criticisms of people who haven’t served in the military, a Bronco’s fan…

Jesus, can you do anything right?[/quote]

Creamsy… jerkky… whoever you are going to post under next. I once felt hostility towards you, where now, I just hope you receive the psycho-tropic meds you are so desperately in need of. God speed in your recovery!

Nephorm:

The quotes by Hitler and Lincoln were together to compare and contrast their content, with regard to the Property Confiscation decision. YOU put them together and called these quotes from two despots.

Although most of our presidents throughout history have some legitimate claim to doing something good, Abraham Lincoln was a standout to be sure. Yes, he had his internal struggles with slavery but in the end he was tried and found proven worthy. JeffR’s history is correct. For that reason, I wish he would have listed his primary and maybe secondary sources.

There are also other legitimate hero’s in our history that you will not learn much if anything about in your high school and many college texts. John Brown for example. Several native american leaders, Ceasar Chavez, and on and on.

These text books are written by white, middle and upper class for white middle and upper class and we have been led to believe that we are a progressive, evolving nation, constantly doing good for humanity. In fact, one could derive that very few minorities have made any contribution at all with the exception of MLK Jr. and even he’s not given due justice. We have this new thing called a library, most cities have one so you can check out true history and arrive at your own conclusions.

Thanks JeffR for your post and I’ll get off the soap box for now.

If anyone wants to try to beat up on me, at least know that I am white, upper middle class, I’ve been halfway around the world twice and I love the United States enough to die for her and I dig for truth.

Cream/Jerffy,

Perhaps nobody in America will remember any Canadian leaders, but that hardly says anything about Canada. I’m afraid it simply reflects on the fact that the US really doesn’t give a shit about anything other than the US.

Now, I know, this isn’t always true. However, when I lived there, for years, it was harder than hell to find any news that was of consequence unless it was about some American project or Olympic result.

So, I know this, and I excuse the fact that you are retarded in a global sense. If you were to want to find out about Canadian leaders, which I’m sure you don’t, then I’m sure you could.

Anyway, simply carry on being a whiny hating loser who has some sort of inferiority/superiority complex and Internet tough guy approach. Go on, insult entire nations simply because they are not your nation. It shows your own stature you know.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Nephorm:

The quotes by Hitler and Lincoln were together to compare and contrast their content, with regard to the Property Confiscation decision. YOU put them together and called these quotes from two despots.

[/quote]

Headhunter: I wasn’t saying that you were comparing them. I was saying that I did not come out of the blue and say “Boy, Hitler and Abe Lincoln are juuust alike!” You picked two quotes, for whatever reasons, by those two men and put them side by side. I thought it was an interesting pairing, and made my comments. I did not say that they were equivalent.

Obviously Lincoln had a tough job. He did some things well, others things I think were misguided. Lincoln was a man like the rest of us, and as such, had faults. He made mistakes. I’m not calling him evil or saying he killed babies. I’m not saying that he didn’t honestly want the slaves to be freed. My comment was only semi-serious, and refelects only that I do not think he is the unambiguous hero he is often portrayed to be.

I repeat (to everyone): Chill the hell out.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Let’s see, there’s… Oh wait… No… OK, so Canada’s entire foreign policy has been SATELLITE throughout its history, first to the UK, then to the US. No wonder no one remembers any Canadian “leaders”!

Cream/Jerffy,

Perhaps nobody in America will remember any Canadian leaders, but that hardly says anything about Canada. I’m afraid it simply reflects on the fact that the US really doesn’t give a shit about anything other than the US.

Now, I know, this isn’t always true. However, when I lived there, for years, it was harder than hell to find any news that was of consequence unless it was about some American project or Olympic result.

So, I know this, and I excuse the fact that you are retarded in a global sense. If you were to want to find out about Canadian leaders, which I’m sure you don’t, then I’m sure you could.

Anyway, simply carry on being a whiny hating loser who has some sort of inferiority/superiority complex and Internet tough guy approach. Go on, insult entire nations simply because they are not your nation. It shows your own stature you know.[/quote]

Jeesh Vroom, back off a bit. Many of us are still learning our own history, let alone Canada, Britian or anyone else. Everything would be fine if Canada had not succeeded from the US at the turn of the century. That’s why we had to take Alaska from you and also why the French all moved to New Orleans. By the way, we have national public radio down here. That’s like the bible of all world news, isn’t it?

Holmdog, just taking an opportunity to bash on Jerffy/Cream a bit…

Anyhow, Canada is in stealth mode, but we’ll be forming our empire later, when all the worlds agricultural regions are gone and the northern arctic is the only place left to grow food.

Cream,

I take it as a compliment that they compare us.

Apparently, it’s hard for the peanut gallery to accept that there are at least two guys who know how to hit them where it hurts. It must be quite a shock to feel that sort of “no-nonsense penetration” as you so eloquently put it.

Holmdog,

I consider myself a Lincoln scholar. He is probably the only historical person that I ended up thinking MORE of after researching him. Some of the commentary is off the top of my head (and I can’t remember where I got it). Otherwise, the rest can easily be looked up on the internet.

nephorm,

Instead, of imploring us to chill out, maybe you should admit that your pairing of Lincoln with hitler was ill advised. hitler, gulag, nazi, all nuclear words that raise blood pressures.

Thanks,

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Cream,

I take it as a compliment that they compare us.

Apparently, it’s hard for the peanut gallery to accept that there are at least two guys who know how to hit them where it hurts. It must be quite a shock to feel that sort of “no-nonsense penetration” as you so eloquently put it.

Holmdog,

I consider myself a Lincoln scholar. He is probably the only historical person that I ended up thinking MORE of after researching him. Some of the commentary is off the top of my head (and I can’t remember where I got it). Otherwise, the rest can easily be looked up on the internet.

nephorm,

Instead, of imploring us to chill out, maybe you should admit that your pairing of Lincoln with hitler was ill advised. hitler, gulag, nazi, all nuclear words that raise blood pressures.

Thanks,

JeffR[/quote]

Oh, jeez, now he’s conversing with himself! If you start referring to yourself as “my precious” any vestige of sanity will be obviously gone.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
nephorm,

Thanks,

JeffR[/quote]

I will say once more: I never said that they were equivalent. I will also say again: My “despot” comment was semi-serious.

Aha, She/He/It/They (SHIT) is an elitist dual personality…

[quote]nephorm wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Great Presidents like Washington, Lincoln, FDR, and Reagan deal with problems and change their world.

FDR? You’ve got to be kidding me.

“That joke is as lame as FDR’s legs.”

“What, still too soon?”[/quote]

Nephorm - If no one else laughed, just know that I guffawed over it. And I don’t guffaw every day.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Nephorm - If no one else laughed, just know that I guffawed over it. And I don’t guffaw every day.
[/quote]

The Family Guy never fails!

I ‘liked’ Vroom’s comment about how the US only ‘gives a shit about itself’. My dad was on Omaha Beach. When the war ended, he was in Pilsner, Czechoslovakia. Three guys were left out of the company he landed with and he was one of them. Watch your friends die while you merrily travel across France and Germany! Yeah, the US sure gives a shit only about itself.

GTFOH!!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I ‘liked’ Vroom’s comment about how the US only ‘gives a shit about itself’. My dad was on Omaha Beach. When the war ended, he was in Pilsner, Czechoslovakia. Three guys were left out of the company he landed with and he was one of them. Watch your friends die while you merrily travel across France and Germany! Yeah, the US sure gives a shit only about itself.

GTFOH!!![/quote]

Just to understand why you skipped it, this was his next sentence:

I mean, if you are going to get pissed off about what someone types, why pick and choose what you quote in order to act as if he wasn’t specifically talking about the news and events of other countries?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

GTFOH!!![/quote]

Headhunter, what you are doing is called splitting. Splitting is fairly common in anti-social personality disorders where the afflicted can only see someone or something totally in a negative or positive light.

Vroom is pointing out a truth. While your dad’s story is one of Bravery one can point out instances of cowardice and in-humanity by US forces as well. It’s not being unpatriotic to point this out it’s just being realistic.

I don’t think you have an anti-social personality disorder, but the way you see it as wholly good or bad reminded me of that. There are shades of grey! There is good and bad! In everything, even the wonderous US OF A!

I am a Lincoln man, and here is one of my favorite quotes of his:

“The candid citizen must confess that if the policy of the government upon vital questions affecting the whole people is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court . . . the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned their government into the hands of that eminent tribunal.”

Couldn’t be any more relevant in today’s climate.

Elk,

Thanks for the refresher on mental illness.

That being said, you say:

“Vroom is pointing out a truth…but the way you see it as wholly good or bad reminded me of that. There are shades of grey! There is good and bad! In everything, even the wonderous US OF A!”

Problem is, Vroom’s statement fails your little ‘splitting’ test as well - of course the US doesn’t care solely about itself, the US is quite generous and at times quite self-interested.

For someone convinced of “Shades of Gray!”, surely you can apply it even-handedly?