T Nation

Abraham Lincoln Quote

"The Jesuits are so expert in those deeds of blood that Henry IV (king of France who was assassinated by the Jesuit Revaillac for giving liberty to his people), said that it was impossible to escape them, and he became their victim, thought he did all he could to protect himself. My escape from their hands, since the letter of the Pope to Jeff Davis has sharpened a million of daggers to pierce my breast, would be more that a miracle. . . . I know that Jesuits never forget nor forsake (never give up). "

Discuss?

http://www.reformation.org/lincoln.html

"Desertions:

Germans Native Americans Irish All others
16% 0.5% 72% 0.7%

The above figures indicate that out of every 10,000 Irish enlistees �??almost all Catholics �??there were over 33 times as many desertions as among all the other groups put together."

So a religion contains members that are fucked in the head.

Why is this a discussion?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
So a religion contains members that are fucked in the head.

Why is this a discussion?[/quote]

Lincoln had an on-going feud with the Pope, who supported the Confederacy. The Pope told Catholics to not serve the Union.

But you’re right, this is probably not worthy of discussion.

I don’t really get how this can be a discussion. What questions are there to be asked?

Do you think the Pope ordered the assassination of Lincoln (incredibly doubtful)? Are you implying Catholics are any less American b/c of this (I know you’re not, just an example)?

It’s interesting, but discussion of this kind of thing is best left to history scholars and college kids.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
I don’t really get how this can be a discussion. What questions are there to be asked?

Do you think the Pope ordered the assassination of Lincoln (incredibly doubtful)? Are you implying Catholics are any less American b/c of this (I know you’re not, just an example)?

It’s interesting, but discussion of this kind of thing is best left to history scholars and college kids.[/quote]

Right. That’s why I said its not worthy of discussion.

How can what is past be prologue if we discuss such things?