T Nation

About to Start at the Gym...

Im 14 and Have been working out at home for a year or 2 now 6 days a week. My Routine at the moment Consits of : 20 Pressups-100 Situps-30 bicup each arm with a 10 plb Weight. But im Going to start goin to a real GYM at last but im not sure what to do when i get there Weighing next to nothin at 98 and 5"3 and wishing to get some mass i need some help. Can i get any tips?
This of me Now Hope fully in a few months i’ll be able to psot a larger me :slight_smile:

Add lunges, un-weighted squats, and pullups/chinups until you can do at least 20 in a row with good form.

Good luck.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Add lunges, un-weighted squats, and pullups/chinups until you can do at least 20 in a row with good form.

Good luck.
[/quote]
Does this mean i should not do weights whilst there?

SORRY big typo problem my conversion from the english way of waying from stone-pounds went wrong i way 98 lb

[quote]Dylock wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

Good luck.

Does this mean i should not do weights whilst there?
[/quote]

Correct. You would want to work on joint stability, muscle group recruitment, and form before adding weight.
Best move would be to get some assistance on how to perform the moves correctly, then start adding weight.

It is much easier to learn something right than unlearn something wrong.

It might seem like the slow road, but it definitely will save you down time and injury in the long run.