About to Have Dinner, or Not?

Yeah, weird thread title.

Here’s the thing:

I have to be up at 7 tomorrow morning. To get at least 8 hours I need to be to bed by 11.

It is 8 now. I finished working out 45 minutes ago and had my post-workout shake at that point (finishing about 7:30).

I planned to have my bi-weekly cheat meal as my post-workout meal (now), but it wouldn’t be ready till about 8:30, and with eating I probably won’t finish eating until 9:30. At minimum I should wait 2 hours so I can have an empty stomach for my pre-bed supplements.

In this scenario I take my supplements at 11:30, drop a shake at 12, and maybe get to sleep by 12:30; 6.5 hours of sleep.

On the other hand I could wait till 9:30, take my pre-bed supplements at this point, and eat the big meal as my final pre-bed meal. The problems here being I get one fewer meal today (probably not a big deal), and I will be having a bunch of food including carbs right before bed (bigger deal).

I will get more sleep though (catch up on some from last night). Maybe the food would still fuel recovery though.

Thoughts? I am cooking my potato wedges right now so they will be ready either way. I am leaning towards option 2. Sleep is important to me.

Do you analyze everything like this? If so, I don’t see how you make it to work every day.

If you’re hungry, eat.

If you’re tired, sleep.

If it’s both, eat then sleep.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Do you analyze everything like this? If so, I don’t see how you make it to work every day.

If you’re hungry, eat.

If you’re tired, sleep.

If it’s both, eat then sleep.[/quote]

When it comes to my diet, supplementation, and lifting, yes I am pretty anal about timing.

I’m guessing by now you’ve solved your problem, but in the grander sceme of things I wouldnt really worry about one night when everything didnt go to what you had planned, especially if your going to loose hours of sleep over it.