About the Over 35 Lifter category

Join men and women who prove age is just a number, and discuss tips and tricks to get top performance from a time-tested body.

4 Likes

Oh goody as a six year member of the O35 I am over joyed we can now be a spring board for the T replacement forum.

2 Likes

Ok here is the truth regarding the O 35 forum… The majority who post regularly have competed or still do in weight related sports be it Bodybuilding,Strongman,Powerlifting and Highlander with at least one odd ball that does Crossfit :smirk: and he knows who he is (nothing but love for you brother) You will find a wide range of experience levels in here from beginners to 30 plus years. My opinion is if you have a question for most your best bet is to ask directly on their individual threads,

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 42, Looking for Tips

A post was split to a new topic: 1st Physique Show

I’m slightly older than 35, but I don’t lift. Well, I lift my bodyweight using calisthenics exercises & I run, sprint, and jump: is it still acceptable for someone like me to post in this sub-forum? Just seeking clarification before potential future forum contributions.

Also FWIW, I have a power rack, farmer’s walk implements, safety squat bar, 600 lb of plates, olympic barbell, 2" barbell, 3" barbell, captain of crush grippers, loading pin, ironmind dragging sled, ironmind neck harness, sledge hammer, but I don’t use any of it anymore. I once had 300 lb of chain also for accommodating resistance, but got rid of that to someone in need of chain. Also, I had a 100 lb make-shift sandbag once, but I left it outside and an ant pile formed inside of it - so I got rid of it.

Thank you

I believe your posts in Over-35 will be as well-received as they are in other forums.

Awesome. Thank you Chris.

I haven’t posted in this sub-forum since turning 35 because, I seriously thought “over 35” was constrained to a natural number scale, not a rational number scale. So I figured the next available number was 36. I wasn’t going to post here until I turned 36. But last night I realized it’s actually the rational number scale, so “Over 35 …” could mean 35.0000000001, 35.5, 35,6969696969696969 etc.

In the future, it might be best to put “Over 35.0 Lifter”, which basically implies rational numbers. “Over 35” can be misinterpreted by a mathematician for example. FWIW, i’m a huge advocate of STEM. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: In the future if anyone is confused about what “Over 35” actually means, hopefully these recent posts can be of help.

Thanks again,

peace

2 Likes

50yr old professional garage gymer here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
my setup. My own little slice of anger management

1 Like

Age is just a number until your body tells you it isn’t…

Over 50 working out becomes a full time job figuring what to do to work around the things the Ortho tells you to stop doing!

Neck Arthritis/Stenosis - No military or back squat
Knee Arthritis/Baker Cyst - No knee strikes Krav Maga, No inclined walking over 7%
Lower Back Arthritis - Dead Lifts reduced weight
Blown Calf - No calf raises
Shoulder - Limited Benching, move to Hammer Strength Machines
Left Brachius - Hammer Curls goodbye…
Blood Pressure - Increase cardio
Meineres - Increase Balance work

By the time you are 60, you are cobbling together workouts and investing in Celebrex. Funny thing is you go to the Doctor and you are healthier than 90% of the 60 year olds, just more beat up.