About the Explosive BP

I bench 117 - 120 right now (I know thats some weak a** shiot), if I wanted to do the explosive bench press should I lower it down to 80? Im basically asking so I dont try it and f up an behead my self in the process

You’re a rank beginner, you have no need to worry about “explosive” benching. Just get on a proven program like 5x5 and follow the course

concentrate on dominating the press and controlling your descent.

at your experience level, you’ll probably mess up your shoulders or pecs with an “explosive” BP.

there’s no need to get fancy with rep execution at your level of development. just focus on eating and adding weight to the bar and the scale every week.

[quote]rockstar45 wrote:
I bench 117 - 120 right now (I know thats some weak a** shiot), if I wanted to do the explosive bench press should I lower it down to 80? Im basically asking so I dont try it and f up an behead my self in the process[/quote]
As was said, you absolutely do not need to be doing “explosive benching.”

You’re frighteningly underweight, so I’m surprised that you’re actually almost benching your bodyweight. You need a basic training plan and a consistent diet.

What does your entire training plan look like? (Days, exercises, sets, and reps)

I weigh about 136. my weight goes up and down.
mondays:
bp 8x3
db flys 8x3
mp 8x3

wednsdays:
squat 8x3
deadlift 8x3
hanging knee raises 10 x3

friday:
pull ups 8x3
cable rows 8x3
chin ups 8x3

I usually do 5 reps of 3 sets each time I bump up the weight and the next week ill do 8 reps, and so on.

[quote]rockstar45 wrote:
I weigh about 136. my weight goes up and down.[/quote]
You’re 6’0" tall according to your profile. That’s seriously, almost dangerously, underweight. You’ve got to start eating consistently to see any progress.

[quote]mondays:
bp 8x3
db flys 8x3
mp 8x3

wednsdays:
squat 8x3
deadlift 8x3
hanging knee raises 10 x3

friday:
pull ups 8x3
cable rows 8x3
chin ups 8x3[/quote]
I don’t like anything about this routine. It’s entirely inappropriate for you.

You’d get farther faster with a better designed plan. Something like Dan John’s Mass Made Simple, doing one or two back exercises, a biceps exercise, and a triceps exercise on “Day Three.” Pay particular attention to his basic eating advice.

Also, just for future reference, it’s usually written as “Sets x Reps” so 8 reps done for 3 sets would be written 3x8 (“3 sets of 8”).

yah I get that mixed up all the time thanx for the reply and advice. I know my weight sucks i give myself shit about it all the time.I was taking this rebuilt mass gainer by gnc. it has creatine in it and I still didnt gain shit. right now Im a little discouraged so im taking this week off and Ill think about starting again next week.

136? damn.
Follow Chris’ advice. Also standard advice in this situation to do ‘GOMAD’ -gallon of milk a day, if you do this you will rapidly put on quality weight

damn I dont have the cash to drink a gallon of milk a day lol people drink a gallon of milk a day? ddddaaaammmmmmmnnnn

[quote]rockstar45 wrote:
yah I get that mixed up all the time thanx for the reply and advice. I know my weight sucks i give myself shit about it all the time.I was taking this rebuilt mass gainer by gnc. it has creatine in it and I still didnt gain shit. right now Im a little discouraged so im taking this week off and Ill think about starting again next week.[/quote]

drinking a weight gainer by itself does not make you gain mass, and neither does taking creatine. you have to lift heavy, progress with your training (more weight, more reps, cleaner reps, and/or less time in each session), and EAT.

[quote]rockstar45 wrote:
damn I dont have the cash to drink a gallon of milk a day lol people drink a gallon of milk a day? ddddaaaammmmmmmnnnn[/quote]

some people swear by GOMAD but I think the space in your stomach would be better used up by red meat, starches (rice, potatoes, pasta) and vegetables.

you need to learn how to lift AND eat with intensity.

[quote]rockstar45 wrote:
I know my weight sucks i give myself shit about it all the time.I was taking this rebuilt mass gainer by gnc. it has creatine in it and I still didnt gain shit. right now Im a little discouraged so im taking this week off and Ill think about starting again next week.[/quote]
Don’t get too down on yourself. You’ve got a bunch of time to get things sorted out, since you’ll (ideally) be training for the next few decades. Just don’t read that as an excuse to putz around and waste time.

The sooner you can get the whole act together, the sooner you’ll be able to capitalize on the huge progress a young dude hitting the weights and eating well can see.

Rebuilt Mass at GNC: $64.99 for 11 servings.
7 gallons whole milk: maybe $24.00 for 7 days.

C’mon son. :wink:

But in either case, those are supposed to be calories added on top of three good meals every day. One without the other is more wasted time, energy, and money.

once again thanx for the advice, its appreciated. I figure im gonna eat alot ths whole week,find a better program, then hit the weights next week again.