About The Author

ok so i have to make a workout plan for myself for school and my class in college, and well not hard, but i have to have evidence or articles to back why this workout works or why im doing what im doing, sooo i figure ill just use a T-mag article as my workout plan and use the auther as evidence as to why it works, but where is the about the author or credentials on them, i mean i know ive seen them and know they are credible but my teacher doesnt soo…

[quote]Split wrote:
ok so i have to make a workout plan for myself for school and my class in college, and well not hard, but i have to have evidence or articles to back why this workout works or why im doing what im doing, sooo i figure ill just use a T-mag article as my workout plan and use the auther as evidence as to why it works, but where is the about the author or credentials on them, i mean i know ive seen them and know they are credible but my teacher doesnt soo…
[/quote]
Generally, online articles will only take you so far academically. If you want some printed, hard copy texts I suggest V. M. Zatsiorsky’s, “The Science and Practice of Strength Training”. It is by far one of the most quoted sources on this site. I have read it and don’t think it too over complicated. Also I would go to Amazon.com for and just start plugging away some of the names of the contributors to this site until you find some decent sources.

no, i just need to workout according to a plan and the plan most be made by a credible author or trainer. So i need some credentials or background for people like Waterbury

Most of the articles have an “About the Arthor” section. If one doesn’t, then other articles by that writer probably will. Also look for the “Meet the Press” or related interviews. Every major coach has done one or two with us. See the archives.

If all else fails, PM the coach.

Make sure you don’t outright plagiarise their work. But, since you’re looking for their credentials, I guess you’re not going to.

The miracle of Google for refrences and such:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=chad+waterbury&btnG=Search&meta=

First link is CW’s site, click on bio, and you’ll find some info.

The other top two links or so also provide some info.

This should work with any other person who has an article or several published on the internet.

Or, you could just ask them directly.

Take a look at Christian Thibaudeau’s “The Beast Evolves” article. It’s about his transformation from 22% BF to 6% in 14 weeks. Complete with training & diet details and before and after pics. Hard to beat as evidence that he knows what he’s talking about.

PS I jsut checked my printout of the article and CT’s starting BF was 18%, not 22. Sorry CT!