About Sheiko Training

Hi,
i want to start with Sheiko’s training.
I’m doing some research to better understand “how” start it in the proper way.

Anyone here use this method? Can you point me to some good resources?

thanks to all.

I did this four day a week crazy volume program by Sheiko for a few months in an off-season to improve my raw base. I think it worked well for this.

Prior to starting Sheiko, I had been doing two squat workouts per week and two bench session per week for over a year, so I was accustomed to moderately high volume. I used the template on Andrei Butenko’s website and applied the percentages to fairly conservative raw maxes (counting wraps and belt of course).

Like any percentage plan with a lot of volume at the front end, I think you have to swallow your pride a bit in this and err on the low side if you want to get all your reps in- at least at first. After you get used to doing a bazillion work sets in a session, you’ll be able to start pushing up the numbers.

Sheiko recommends splitting each day’s workout into two sessions. That is probably fine for an unemployed athlete in Bashkirtistan, but my lifestyle only allowed me one session per day. Therefore, my workouts usually lasted 2-3 hours and that was keeping busy and avoiding social chatter at the gym. I ate like a horse, but I did do this drug-free.

Week 1 was hard. It was a struggle to get my all my reps in. The bench marathon on day 3 (a 12 or 13 set pyramid of hurt) was the probably the hardest. Week 2 was worse. All that deadlifting was making my hands number and stiff. My back was feeling like shit as well. Week 3 was a breakthrough. My body adapted and I felt good- even though week 3 was the highest volume week. By week 4, I was pretty cool with it all.

The only things I changed from the template were I used box squats for some squat workouts and I added some direct upper back/rear delt work to keep my shoulders healthy (DB cleans, shrugs, face pulls, rows)

have you a link please?
i have not found a 4 day/week template of Sheiko wo, only 3 days week…

i too can’t afford a twice per day training… i have a job (luckyly) :wink:

do you feel the need to increase supplements or other?

www.zyworld.com/powerlifting/workout.htm

thanks!

I assume you already found that 4-day routine on Butenko’s site. If not, here’s tyhe one I followed:

http://www.zyworld.com/powerlifting/sheikocms-ms1.htm

There’s a few other cycles by Sheiko out there on the web if you know a little Russian- try powerlifting.ru.

I bet some creatine and something for energy (ephedrine, etc.) would be helpful in terms of getting through your workouts. Mostly, I just ate a lot. But, maybe if I had been using a some kind of supplementation, I would have gotten more out of the cycle or adapted more quickly to the volume.

[quote]cadav wrote:
have you a link please?
i have not found a 4 day/week template of Sheiko wo, only 3 days week…

i too can’t afford a twice per day training… i have a job (luckyly) :wink:

do you feel the need to increase supplements or other? [/quote]

[quote]Pinto wrote:

do you feel the need to increase supplements or other?

[/quote]

(Example: 50% 5rX1s, where r-reps, s-sets. It will not be written further down, just 50% 5X1)

Monday

1.b.p. ? 50% 5rХ1s, 60% 4rХ1s,70% 3rХ2s, 80% 3rХ5s (30)
3.b.p. ? 55% 5rХ1s,65% 5rх1s,75% 4rХ4s (26)

Tuesday

1.Incline bench press 4Х6. (24)
2.Dips 6Х5. (with weights)

Wednesday

1.b.p ? 50% 6Х1,60%5Х1,70% 4Х2,75% 3Х2,80% 2Х2, 85%, 1Х2,80% 2Х2,75% 3Х2,70% 4Х1,65% 5Х1, 60%, 6Х1,55% 7Х1,50% 8Х1. (71)

Friday

2.b.p. ? 50% 5Х1,60% 4Х1,70% 3Х2,80% 2Х5 (25)

Saturday

2.Press behind the neck 5Х5. (25)
3.Dips 4Х6.

Total in a week ? 201 lifts
Power (intensiveness) ? 67.1%

I have a hard time imagining a natural lifter doing all of this crazy volume.

[quote]Julius_Caesar wrote:

[/quote]

It wasn’t easy (like any of the shit we do is easy, right?) But, in fact, I did not take any AAS or anything like that. Really, all it takes is a get-it-done mentality.

[quote]Pinto wrote:

Julius_Caesar wrote:

It wasn’t easy (like any of the shit we do is easy, right?) But, in fact, I did not take any AAS or anything like that. Really, all it takes is a get-it-done mentality. [/quote]

For me it looks like overtraining. I would rather stick with WSB.

Pinto wrote:

Julius_Caesar wrote:

It wasn’t easy (like any of the shit we do is easy, right?) But, in fact, I did not take any AAS or anything like that. Really, all it takes is a get-it-done mentality.

For me it looks like overtraining. I would rather stick with WSB.

[/quote]

it may seem like overtraining because it is something you are not being open to. also keep in mind the volume builds and then drops off allowing the body to supercompensate. I am currently in the second week of a squat program where I am squatting 4x a week and the work sets = 26. i have never done this much squatting in a week and was wondering how the hell would i get through it?

as someone already posted. you have to have a get it done mentality and see if the program will work. im not sure of the claims made by Sheiko programs but if they are anything like the one I’m on, which isn’t by Sheiko, then I won’t complain when my squat is close to 100 pounds more.

I have read the Sheiko training.
I have still a little problem… how much rest among sets? and among exerecize?

thanks

Take as much as you need- you naturally will need more rest early on in the cycle depending on your previous training stamina. I feel that the main goal should be getting all your reps/sets. Since there are so many sets though, if wait too long between sets/exercises, you will have a very, very long workout.

[quote]cadav wrote:
I have read the Sheiko training.
I have still a little problem… how much rest among sets? and among exerecize?

thanks[/quote]

[quote]BSims wrote:

it may seem like overtraining because it is something you are not being open to. also keep in mind the volume builds and then drops off allowing the body to supercompensate. I am currently in the second week of a squat program where I am squatting 4x a week and the work sets = 26. i have never done this much squatting in a week and was wondering how the hell would i get through it?

as someone already posted. you have to have a get it done mentality and see if the program will work. im not sure of the claims made by Sheiko programs but if they are anything like the one I’m on, which isn’t by Sheiko, then I won’t complain when my squat is close to 100 pounds more.[/quote]

Russians are notorious steroid freaks and cheaters.

I’ve never heard of Sheiko, but this training seems pretty interesting. It’s so fucking crazy I might have to try it sometime. Any other links to Russian powerlifting programs?

[/quote]

Juicers, yes. I believe AAS products are legal over the counter in Russia and certainly many lifters there avail themselves of this more liberal situation. However, these same drugs abound in the U.S. as well and many lifters here use them as well. In addition, most American lifters are probably in a better postiton to afford more exotic drugs that would be priced out of reach for most Russians- GH, IGF, etc.

Cheaters? How so?

[quote]Pinto wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:

Juicers, yes. I believe AAS products are legal over the counter in Russia and certainly many lifters there avail themselves of this more liberal situation. However, these same drugs abound in the U.S. as well and many lifters here use them as well. In addition, most American lifters are probably in a better postiton to afford more exotic drugs that would be priced out of reach for most Russians- GH, IGF, etc.

Cheaters? How so?
[/quote]

They get caught cheating all of the time in Olympic sports. Back when they were commies they would have their commie judges help out their fellow commies.

They get caught cheating all of the time in Olympic sports. Back when they were commies they would have their commie judges help out their fellow commies.[/quote]

So therefore if commie Olympic athletes take drugs, then a Russian training plan for a non-Olympic sport must be bunk. Ok, I get it- clear as day.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:

They get caught cheating all of the time in Olympic sports. Back when they were commies they would have their commie judges help out their fellow commies.

So therefore if commie Olympic athletes take drugs, then a Russian training plan for a non-Olympic sport must be bunk. Ok, I get it- clear as day.[/quote]

Louie Simmons has been on for almost 30 years. Westside must be junk.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Pinto wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:

So therefore if commie Olympic athletes take drugs, then a Russian training plan for a non-Olympic sport must be bunk. Ok, I get it- clear as day.

Louie Simmons has been on for almost 30 years. Westside must be junk.[/quote]

Anyone can make decent gains on WSB, Ed Coan’s routines or many of the other routines that I have seen/tried before regardless of chemical assistence.

When I look at something like this or Metal Militia’s bench press routine, it just screams S T E R O I D S at me.

When I look at something like this or Metal Militia’s bench press routine, it just screams S T E R O I D S at me.
[/quote]

to my understanding, the metal militia’s bench training is mostly centered around learning optimal technique for the modern super-bench shirts…

AAS don’t help you master super-shirt technique…