T Nation

About F8ckin Time

Been lurking for a while, its time I start posting a log to ensure I continue holding myself accountable. Trained on and off, poorly, for years, quit regularly going a couple years back, got fat, don't neccessarily mind being fat, definately has its perks so I've started a pervision of stronglifts 5x5. I've also drastically changed my nutrition, partioning it to 6-7 meals a day.

Began at the start of September, liking the steady gains, still by and large at lower weights. Cannot 'weight' to get to the gym every second day crank the Tool and get stronger, haven't missed a day yet. Pretty much took over my life and definatly feel the increased testosterone pulsing through my body.

My lifting schedule is a rotated 4 day full body split, its very similar to 5x5 training with regard to set, rep scheme yadayadayada

Day 1:

Box Squats 5 x 5 = 105 lbs
Overhead Press 5 x 5 = 130 lbs
Flat Bench = 155 lbs
Dips = body weight + 10 lbs
Reverse Standing Preacher Curls = 65 lbs

Day 2:

Box Squats 5 x 5
Bent-over barbell rows 5 x 5 = 125 lbs
Incline bench press 5 x 5 = 135 lbs
Rack Lockouts 5 x 5 = 190 lbs
Seated forearm flexers (made up name, don't know how to describe it)

Day 3:

Box Squats 5 x 5
Deadlifts 5 x 5 = 230
Decline Bench 5 x 5 = 180 lbs
Dips 5 x 5
Reverse Preacher Curls 5 x 5

I try to get cardio via running stairs or hit for 30 mins on a recumbant bike at least twice a week, usually in the morning on off days.

I'll will make it a goal to get some videos of box squats in the future.

Box Squats 5 x 5 at 105 lbs
Bent-over barbell rows 5 x 5 = 125 lbs
Incline bench press 5 x 5 = 135 lbs
Rack Lockouts 5 x 5 = 190 lbs
Seated forearm flexers (made up name, don't know how to describe it)

Box Squats - 5 x 5110 lbs
Deadlifts - 5 x 5 @ 235 lbs
Decline Press - 5 x 5 @ 185 lbs
Dips - 5 x 5 @ Bodyweight 10 lbs
Reverse Preacher Curls - 5x5 @ 65

30 minutes of hit on a recumbant bike for conditioning.

want to get a tractor tire, will be looking into it, if anyone knows what type of weight I should be looking for it would be much appreciated. got me a foam roller to, rolled the hell outta my body today. felt good but hurt especially the hips and calves, not sure if it goes away, i think so.

end. rant.

box squats - 5 x 5 at 115 lbs
overhead press - 5 x 5 at 135 lbs
flat bench - 5 x 5 at 155 lbs
dips - 5 x 5 at bodyweight plus 10 lbs
hamer curls - 5 x 5 at 30 lbs

saw a dude drinking a tim hortons coffee at the gym.. hmm

i really mashed my back into the bar during box squats, definately helped me maintain posture. also, glanced in the mirror from the side and god damn my knees were behind my toes, stoked. definately need to work on sitting back more.

thinking about some sort of day where i just hammer my glute/hams for a couple exercises maybe box stepups, glute ham raises and something other exercise.

also was nervous about the press, going into the workout. hammered out the first set and between the first and second was accepting failure for some reason, and started thinking about the henry rollins quote from iron and the soul about the iron not being your nemesis, but instead, your call to grateness, and got back under the bar and hammered out the 4 remaining sets... weird how you can set mental barriers that have no real bearing on your ability.

stoked.

quote from riptoes article on Texas Method:

"Assistance Work: If it were up to me, I'd limit any assistance exercises to some brief arm work on Monday. I'd also limit any excessive weekend frivolity that might affect the workout, like staying up all night Saturday chasing pussy with your wingman, Jim Beam"

Box Squats 5 x 5 at 120 lbs
Bent-over barbell rows 5 x 5 = 130 lbs
Incline bench press 5 x 5 = 140 lbs
Dips 5 x 5 12.5 lbs
Seated forearm flexers (made up name, don't know how to describe it) with 50 lbs 3 x 15

Squats were really rough today I have a major sticking point at the bottom; gotta man up and deal with that.

a heavy set of deadlifts can also cause any nearby women to spontaneously conceive a child

Box Squats 5x5 at 125 lbs
Deadlifts 5x5 at 240 lbs
Decline Bench Press 5x5 at 190 lbs
Dips 5x5 at Bodyweight 12.5 lbs
Forarm Work to cap it off

box squats - 5 x 5 at 130 lbs
overhead press - 5 x 5 at 140 lbs
flat bench - 5 x 5 at 160 lbs
dips - 5 x 5 at bodyweight plus 12.5 lbs
curls for the girls 40, 30, 20 down pyramid x 1

OH Press is getting rougher and rougher.

Start doing a plate next workout for squats... started at 55 this is the day I've been waiting for.

Really tossing around the bench press weights, but will refrain from progressing more than 5 lbs each workout.

I like to switch up stances for squats for some reason. But the sweet spot was as wide as possible in the power rack and I will stick to it. I want a huge ass.

Also was looking at starting strength and they say only deadlift 1 x 5, I've been doing 5 x 5 all this time, I haven't had a significant problem with recovery so I will just stick to it.

Box Squats 5 x 5 at 135 lbs
Bent-over barbell rows 5 x 5 = 135 lbs
Incline bench press 5 x 5 = 145 lbs
Dips - couldn't find the belt to hang weight from so did 4x8 of body weight
Seated forearm flexers (made up name, don't know how to describe it) with 55 lbs 3 x 15

took an extra two days off between the last workout. shouldn't have, but it helped, really powerful in the up motion for squats.

What are your maxes for the main lifts like?

Hill Sprints today on a treadmill 45 seconds at incline 10 speed 7.5, x 5 for 45 seconds each with two minute walking in between.

Aqua according to this site: http://www.joeskopec.com/repmax.html my 1 rep maxes are something along these lines:

Squat = 216
Deadlift = 319
Flat Bench = 229
Military Press = 163

The numbers seem pretty accurate. One day, I'll get around to actually testing them, for now just powering along with 5x5 making steady, albeit small gains every workout.

Had a look at your log, the goals are lookin pretty gnarly, think they're smart and reasonable as well. Definately like to join you on the quest for a 315 bench, 405 squat, military 225, and 455 deadlift.

No better way to get stronger than to make small steady gains haha. The more people trying to reach the same goals I have the better. More reason for me to get them.

Box Squats 5x5 at 140 lbs
Deadlifts 5x5 at 245 lbs
Decline Bench Press 5x5 at 195 lbs
Dips 4x8 at Bodyweight (Dip belt is missing??)
Standing bicep curls with preacher bar 1 x 8 at 75, 1 x 6 at 95, 1 x 4 at 115

Deads were rough today, out of energy, ate well today, but probably got to the gym to late

Going to say fuck conditioning except saturdays when i'll continue with hill sprints. Man they're quick but get the J.O.B done

box squats - 5 x 5 at 145 lbs
overhead press - 5 x 5 at 145 lbs -> failed at this on the last rep of set 5, it sucked, i hate life. no seriously, i will try it two more times, than drop the weight by 10 percent or 15 lbs
flat bench - 5 x 5 at 165 lbs
dips - 5 x 5 at bodyweight plus 15 lbs

Box Squats - 5x5 at 150
Bent over BB Rows - 5x5 at 140
Incline Press - 5x5 at 150
Dips - 5x5 at bw + 15
Curls for the gurls

Squats 5x5 at 150 lbs
Deadlifts 5x5 at 250 lbs
Decline Bench Press 5x5 at 205 lbs
Dips bodyweight plus 15 llbs 5x5
curls for da gurls

No box availlable for box squats so I just hammered em out regular style. Haven't squatted like that in a while. My ROM is absurd now. My ass was like 6 inches from the ground and the squats were like childs play. I wish I could thank Louie from westside personally for that video. One day when I no longer box squat I'm confident my squats are going to up 20-30 pounds easy. I wonder if its the fact I took the weekend off instead of going every second day, some food for thought. Ps. Just finished the Kerouac book Dharma Bums, would highly recommend it.

squats 5x3, 4x1 didn't even attempt the last set. Fuck i was pissed i just walked out that was a bad day. fuck.

i let my nutrition go to shit, i stopped foam rolling. from now on foam rolling and nutrition will be posted daily as well. my log keeps me accountable to all of this. bad day. sorry team.

squats 5x5 160 lbs
oh press 5x5 140 lbs
flat bench 5x5 170 lbs
Dips bodyweight 15 5x5

smashing some fucking weight felt good, took a couple days off, squat feels fine. ignore my upper post, I was being a baby.