Military Press: 3 x 135
Bench Press: 3 x 200
Power Clean: 3 x 165 ->still learning proper form

Assistance excercices
Chin up: 3 x +90 lbs
Dips: 5 x +90 lbs
Bent over row: 3 x 200
Shrugs: 6 x 335

Good progress. I think 200 would be a good goal. YOu have good symmetry too.

buy your mom some flowers, you’ve got good genetics…

what program/programs are you doing/have you done?

Good job so far

Thanx

Training history:
At first, I started lifting weight because I wanted to gain weight for Tae kwon Do Sparrings.

I used a 3 days full body workout for about a year and my progess stalled during May - June. Then this summer I started reading a few books such as the 3 Rippetoe’s book and the 150 healthiest food by johnny bowden. This allowed me to break my plateau with a new diet and routine.

Current routine:
Monday - Bench Press:
Bench 4 sets of 3 + 1 set of 10 if my body doesn’t respond.
Inclined bench: 2 sets of 5

Tuesday - Deadlift:
Deadlift 1 set of 3
Bent over row or pull ups 4 sets of 5
shrugs: 3 sets of 5-6

Thursday - Military press:
Military press 5 sets of 3
Jerks 3 sets of 3 (still learning form)

Friday - Squat:
Power clean 4 sets of 3 (still learning form)
Full squat 4 sets of 3

I give a good 5 mins between each core lift sets and 3-4 mins between each assistance exercice sets.

Diet:
I eat 5-6 healthy meals per day and try to consume at least 190g of protein. My daily diet consists of eggs, wheat bread, peanut butter, fish/ham/turkey sandwich, lot of brocoli, dairy product and more.

Daily Supplements:
Cinnamon, 25 g of whey protein, creatine mono, ZMA, salmon oil and Vitamin C if I didnt get enaugh fruits and veggies.

Good gains man! what was your starting weight?

I was 155 lbs in August 2007.

your arms are lagging, especially tri.

good progress tough

Look at that, full body to a basic compound split.

Good for you man. A little brain goes a long way.

keep up the good work

[quote]frozenpeon wrote:
Thanx

Training history:
At first, I started lifting weight because I wanted to gain weight for Tae kwon Do Sparrings.

I used a 3 days full body workout for about a year and my progess stalled during May - June. Then this summer I started reading a few books such as the 3 Rippetoe’s book and the 150 healthiest food by johnny bowden. This allowed me to break my plateau with a new diet and routine.

Current routine:
Monday - Bench Press:
Bench 4 sets of 3 + 1 set of 10 if my body doesn’t respond.
Inclined bench: 2 sets of 5

Tuesday - Deadlift:
Deadlift 1 set of 3
Bent over row or pull ups 4 sets of 5
shrugs: 3 sets of 5-6

Thursday - Military press:
Military press 5 sets of 3
Jerks 3 sets of 3 (still learning form)

Friday - Squat:
Power clean 4 sets of 3 (still learning form)
Full squat 4 sets of 3

I give a good 5 mins between each core lift sets and 3-4 mins between each assistance exercice sets.

Diet:
I eat 5-6 healthy meals per day and try to consume at least 190g of protein. My daily diet consists of eggs, wheat bread, peanut butter, fish/ham/turkey sandwich, lot of brocoli, dairy product and more.

Daily Supplements:
Cinnamon, 25 g of whey protein, creatine mono, ZMA, salmon oil and Vitamin C if I didnt get enaugh fruits and veggies.

[/quote]

I don’t know if you’re blessed with the genetics of a spartan or if I’m just reading this wrong. But your Monday chest day, you say that you go into the gym to do 4sets of 3REPS and 2 sets of 5REPS

and THATS IT? Maybe i’m missing something…

[quote]dannymax wrote:
I don’t know if you’re blessed with the genetics of a spartan or if I’m just reading this wrong. But your Monday chest day, you say that you go into the gym to do 4sets of 3REPS and 2 sets of 5REPS

and THATS IT? Maybe i’m missing something…
[/quote]

Well first of all, it’s not like I had a huge chest. There is nothing spectacular about my chest or my bench press RM.

My training is based on Rippetoe’s practical programming book.

I’m still a novice bencher, so I don’t need to add more sets for now. Adding more will lead to overtraining and stall my progress once again.

Also, quality is more important than quantity.

Definitely could use a picture of your back.

Very nice improvement. I too have read Rippetoe’s books. They are the the best literature on training that I have ever read. Keep up the good work! Its already paying off as I’m sure you can tell.

Back