Abnormal Liver Function?

had bloodwork done, nothing to serious they said but “slight abormal liver function” i know protein stresses the liver because of the uric acid…or nitro-something content…or something like that. i useually have a high protein diet…about 150g per day, so roughly 1.5g per pound of lbm…is this the cause of my abnormal liver function? im scared as shit to even eat 1g/pound of lbm now for fear of it getting worse and cut back to about .7g

im unsure…the doctor was kindof rediculously unhelpful…i asked him what was abnormal about it and all he said was “its just not functioning normally, but your not in danger of it failing yet. its definitely reversable” i asked how to reverse it he said “i dont know im not a nutritionist”

Anytime I go to the doctor and I get any kind of blood work done, I get a copy of the results to take with me. Call your doc or ask for his nurse and ask for a copy.

I agree with what the others have said, but also think it’s important to point out that 150 grams of protein daily isn’t all that high for an adult male.

I consider it to fall within the “moderate” category since it would only be 20% of one’s energy consumption if they were consuming a 3,000 calorie diet.

yes but isnt it different since im 14 and my lean mass and overall weight arent that high of numbers?

for deeper insight on this…80% of my calories used to be protein…15% fats from fish…5% carbs. i also used alot of artificial sweetners which ive also cut out…i guess my main question is, if the protein caused it and i cant do 1g/per pound of lbm…whats the best macros for “optimum health” of an athlete?

ok will do, and will post back in a few days…

AST and ALT were elevated. AST was 75, ALT was 68

AST i guess is common in drinkers, i am 100% drugfree

any ideas???

What supplements are you taking? Anything that might cause these elevated levels? Also over the counter pain relievers can elevate these levels, as can lifting.

i lift, i take a multi, was taking l-carnitine

Yeah after about 30 seconds of Google searching I found the same things BBB just told you. Although I can understand how you might get a little freaked out, and need some assurance. I’m no doctor but I wouldn’t let something like that keep me from eating a healthy diet, and lifting like a beast. After all what’s your alternative? Eat like the average american and shove your face full of the worst crap you can put into your body?

i asked my doc about excersize as i knew that and he told me excersize wouldnt effect it…maybe my doctor is teh phail lol

[quote]tplet wrote:
i asked my doc about excersize as i knew that and he told me excersize wouldnt effect it…maybe my doctor is teh phail lol[/quote]

Have a day off training, ask for a re-test.