Abitrandomlyks's Log

hi im abitrandomlyk

im 17 born 25/03/90

i have an intrest in powerlifting. i have not competed yet and plan to spend the next year improving the big 3 and gain plenty of weight so i can cut down and compete in the 85kg weight class. iv been a member of the local gym for 2 years but iv only been lifting for the last year on and off. here are my best lifts to date. all lifts are shown in kg and lbs.

bench press: 85kg/187lb
squat: 165kg/363lb
deadlift: (havent deadlifted in about 5 months) 150kg/330lb this lift was made when my pb for squat was around 130kg/286lb.

im posting this log now as i hope to keep track of my lifts over the next year as well as get some feed back and advice from anyone who is willing to give it.

i plan on starting with the 5x5 program but a few alterations such as use military press as well as the big 3 as a main lift. use stiff leg good mornings instead of back raises, add pull ups on day 2 and replace dips with close grip bench and extensions will be done with dumbells.

i have made these changes as i feel i need more shoulder work for my raw bench press as well as i feel i benefit more from close grip bench than dips. i will start my training on the 2nd of jan as thats when the gym is next open.

my diet will consist of 4 meals consisting of meat and either pasta or potatoes and all with veg or salad. in between these meals il be having a liquid meal consisting of cheap weight gainer with oats and a table spoon of olive oil. my last meal of the day will be what ever i fancy such as ice cream. diet may change slightly from day to day depending on college and other comitments.

sorry for the long winded message but i thought i would give as much detail as i can.

i forgot to mention that i have westside barbell’s dvds on bench and squat/deadlift on order so they should arive in the next week or two. so it looks likely that a westside template will be used next.

here are a few of my goals for next year:

squat: 210kg/462lb
bench press: 120kg/264lb
deadlift: 230kg/506lb
military press: 80kg/176lb
bodyweight: 90kg+/198lb+

i know my goals look high but that just means i have to work harder, which is ok by me.

if anyone has any questions or advice feel free to post it or message me.

today is the first day i plan on training, although it will be limited with the fact i have not got alot of equipment at home and the fact iv spent the last week ill i plan on doing:

5-6 sets of pull ups
3-4 sets of banded close hand press ups
2-3 sets of 30 reps on the neck harness

iv been thinking about pulling sled recently and although i cannot afford to buy a sled i realised i can make one at home from a thick plastic sled disc i have at home, its 2 and a half foot in diameter. i plan on cutting it down and using a short rope attached to a cheap weight belt i have. if all goes to plan il cut it down today and try it out. i plan on pullin sled 2-3 times a week as active recovery as well as a way of improving GPP. will message later saying how it went on. i also hope to use around 2/3 of my diet today. just easing in at the moment the real work starts soon.

Best of luck with it.

THere’s no 85kg class tho. You’d either be lifting at 82.5, 90 or 100. If oyu’re planning on training at 90+kg then cutting to the 82.5kg class would be a terrible idea in my opinion. You’d lose a shit load of strength.

Anyway, just something to think about.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Best of luck with it.

THere’s no 85kg class tho. You’d either be lifting at 82.5, 90 or 100. If oyu’re planning on training at 90+kg then cutting to the 82.5kg class would be a terrible idea in my opinion. You’d lose a shit load of strength.

Anyway, just something to think about.[/quote]

thanks for the reply Hanley. the 90kg class will probably be a better idea in this case. my mistake with the 85kg. thanks for your imput

mini session went as follows

pull ups b/w

pushups using 2 red woody bands
5,6,15 felt easy (used 1 band for last set)
(felt like i was going to smash my face against the floor with every rep.)

1 set of 100 rep press downs using red woody band

neck harness
30kgx 30 reps

32.5kg x 25 reps

still not feeling 100% but cant wait to get back into the gym and train properly.

i was just looking around at websites i have saved in my fravorites over the past year and came across the below link. its John “Sarge” Allen’s 218lb squat that he did for 98reps. i remember watching the video but could not remember the article. this has got me thinking with 12 weeks practise(the time Sarge had to prepair) how many reps i could get with what ever my body weight is then. i think i may scrap the idea of 5x5 program for a while and try this. i know its not realy aimed towards my goal of competeing in powerlifting but i cannot resist a challenge. i wont know 100% what i plan on doing until i step into the gym, but this could be a good way of improving my conditioning and gain some mass. iv put the link to the article sorry it need copy and pasting but i dont no how to link it properly.

http://marunde-muscle.com/sarge98repsquat.html

does anyone know what the song is in the background at the start of the video?