T Nation

Abductor Stretched ISO Holds

Wow, those adductor stretched ISO holds I did last session have proved to work extremely well and fast! My legs and hips feel so much looser, and no more ache in my abductors when I stand in a sumo stance and lean to one side to stretch etc

I basicly sit on the floor, put the soles on both feet together and try pull the heels as close to my groin as possible, then put a dumbell on the inside of each knee and hold for a minute

Last session I did a 15lb dumbell for a minute at the start of the workout, and then a 30lb dumbell at the end of it where I do my usual postworkout cooldown and stretching

give if a shot if you have tight adductors and most people do - a must for powerlifters and box squaters! :slight_smile:

Other ones to try are the bulgarian splitsquat hold for a minute, does the same for tight hip flexors. Bodyweight is sufficient. And the snatch grip stretched ISO hold RDL for the hammies, start just below the knee and lower to the floor as you loosen up and tire, I just use a 45lb oly bar.

I do these at every lower body session

Great post.

I like the split squat stretch and the snatch grip SLDL at the end of my lower body sessions. I also like the push up hold and an Iso Row held at the top (not a stretch but it couples well with the push up stretch. This little post workout routine has helped recovery, strength and mobility greatly.

correction

Adductor :slight_smile:

[quote]squattin600 wrote:
Great post.

I like the split squat stretch and the snatch grip SLDL at the end of my lower body sessions. I also like the push up hold and an Iso Row held at the top (not a stretch but it couples well with the push up stretch. This little post workout routine has helped recovery, strength and mobility greatly.[/quote]

For upper body I use a dip stretch hold, with slight support from legs and a seated pully row stretched hold or a single arm hold rom a high cable pulley

[quote]CoolColJ wrote:
squattin600 wrote:
Great post.

I like the split squat stretch and the snatch grip SLDL at the end of my lower body sessions. I also like the push up hold and an Iso Row held at the top (not a stretch but it couples well with the push up stretch. This little post workout routine has helped recovery, strength and mobility greatly.

For upper body I use a dip stretch hold, with slight support from legs and a seated pully row stretched hold or a single arm hold rom a high cable pulley[/quote]

Dip stretch hold is brutal on the shoulders man but quite good.

I’m mostly interested in stretching for recovery, like for my bad shoulder joints. Can you suggest anything? Any articles with pictures?

thanks,

G

Coolcolj, I’m not sure I understand the stretch. You sit on the floor, and pull your legs towards you?
I could really use an upgrade with my adductors, the sole reason my athletic career is looking bad.


Well I found some photos that serve the same purpose

The adductor stretch is per the pic - but you put a dumbell ontop of each knee
I think this will help you a lot, start light and work up, but hold for at elast a minute

[quote]chints wrote:
Dip stretch hold is brutal on the shoulders man but quite good.

I’m mostly interested in stretching for recovery, like for my bad shoulder joints. Can you suggest anything? Any articles with pictures?
[/quote]

maybe you can try an 30 degree incline front raise/curl hold, that does stretch the shoulders and pecs a bit, I do these to stretch my biceps, but I can feel my pecs and shoulders stretch a bit too

or you can experiment in a cable pulley machine like the fre motion ones and find an angle that works it right
That’s how I stretch my lats