Abdominal Training

Yes, Islanders can get pretty Huuuuuuuuuuge. I was studying with a kid who was doing national rugby, strength and conditioning. He was about 330, probably naturally about 310, and about 13-14%. He is trying to loose body fat to get some speed, and always works in the 3-4 rep range, so it isn’t even like he is pumping himself up for size.

[quote]G87 wrote:
I’m curious about this “power belly” look. Basically, does direct ab training mean that your stomach will stick out more even when you’re lean?[/quote]

take a look at my avatar, that’s a power belly. Personally I think it looks bad ass when I am really lean, b/c when you look at my stomach my abs aren’t just outlines, they are big slabs of meat.

IDK if that’s a good thing in the bodybuilding world though, you have to have a big chest to compensate, but I like it.

power bellys are the shit, i used to have a pic of dorian yates @ 315 pounds offseaon with a power belly on my wall.

Inspirational

[quote]dza1978 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
cr1404 wrote:
5’9"…300 plus lbs…@ around 16 percent BF

Who are you?

He’s either delusional, lying, or a real beast.

mate, why would i be delusional , or waste my time lying , seriously, what a sad sack of shit id be.

Any way to those ho offered me concise and positive answers, thank you , and haters flame on.

oh and in case you havent come across a pacific islander or any other new zealand freak before, 300 plus pounds is nothing to dudes down-under, i routinley see 350 - 380 pounders eating taro in my neck of the woods.[/quote]

guys a samoan. nevermind the doubts

Personally, Ive found that my abs looked by far the best when my back was the strongest. I highly recommend you place more consideration on direct middle and lower back work. Also the back has great potential for hypertrophy and will help keeping the bf % down if all fat lost is replaced with the same weight in lean mass.

[quote]drdude720 wrote:
Personally, Ive found that my abs looked by far the best when my back was the strongest. I highly recommend you place more consideration on direct middle and lower back work. Also the back has great potential for hypertrophy and will help keeping the bf % down if all fat lost is replaced with the same weight in lean mass.[/quote]

yeah thanks for that comment, my back is lacking in great definition at present as i tore my miniscus in my knee not so long ago.

so as you could imagine deads and squats have been out for a while, but im getting it operated on in just under 2 weeks, so ill be back to it asap.

So in the interum ill stick to chins rows etc and work my abs in there and keep up the diet and cardio.

Cheers