T Nation

Abdominal Symmetry

Hey, a question about abdominal symmetry:
I’ve noticed that the abs on the right side of my belly button, in particular the top ab, are all better developed than those on the left.
They’re not too different shaped but when I look down I notice that they stick out much more.

Has this happened to anyone? How should I correct it?
I’m right handed and stronger on the right so I think when my left side gets tired I may tilt and bring in the abs on the right to stabilize somehow.
If anyone has any advice on this I’d appriciate it. Thanks.

It appears that the bulk of your posts have to do with you overanalyzing silly shit. If you work out heavy and consistently, balancing major muscle groups with similar intensity, 99% of your “imbalances” will clear up. I think you are one of those who should probably spend less time on the forums and more in the gym.

[quote]P1 wrote:
Hey, a question about abdominal symmetry:
I’ve noticed that the abs on the right side of my belly button, in particular the top ab, are all better developed than those on the left.
They’re not too different shaped but when I look down I notice that they stick out much more.

Has this happened to anyone? How should I correct it?
I’m right handed and stronger on the right so I think when my left side gets tired I may tilt and bring in the abs on the right to stabilize somehow.
If anyone has any advice on this I’d appriciate it. Thanks. [/quote]