AbCoaster, OMG

the “abz” thing has been beaten to death, christ.

and lack of hardcore has gotten plenty of people far. think of all the people who cheat at school, pay their way, etc.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
nephorm wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
nephorm wrote:
It is expensive, but actually looks kinda cool. I wonder whether it targets the abdominal muscles better than hanging leg raises? Probably.

I have a feeling it would too, but is it worth $400 when all you need is a bar for hanging leg raises? Maybe if you owned a commercial gym I suppose.

No, it definitely isn’t worth $400, especially since the thinly veiled attempts to imply spot-reduction are obviously false. But I wouldn’t mind having one for free.

Actually, I’d say no.

Most people do lower ab work wrong, as is evident in the video. All they’re doing is putting a lot of work on their hip flexors, which are usually tight in most people anyways.

When doing “lower” ab work, the pelvis needs to tilt towards the sternum [/quote]

I thought “lower abs” were a myth; it’s all one muscle. Generally when people are working the “lower abs” they’re actually working the psoas (with things like hanging leg raises).

well whenever i do rack pulls, sometimes overhead press and always with leg curls, i feel tension in my lower abs during the motion and then DOMS the next day.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
nephorm wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
nephorm wrote:
It is expensive, but actually looks kinda cool. I wonder whether it targets the abdominal muscles better than hanging leg raises? Probably.

I have a feeling it would too, but is it worth $400 when all you need is a bar for hanging leg raises? Maybe if you owned a commercial gym I suppose.

No, it definitely isn’t worth $400, especially since the thinly veiled attempts to imply spot-reduction are obviously false. But I wouldn’t mind having one for free.

Actually, I’d say no.

Most people do lower ab work wrong, as is evident in the video. All they’re doing is putting a lot of work on their hip flexors, which are usually tight in most people anyways.

When doing “lower” ab work, the pelvis needs to tilt towards the sternum

I thought “lower abs” were a myth; it’s all one muscle. Generally when people are working the “lower abs” they’re actually working the psoas (with things like hanging leg raises).
[/quote]

You are correct, it’s all one muscle. But it has to do with the nerve innervations (IIRC), either way, I’m not a big fan of directly working the abs in general anyways, unless it’s through resisting rotation, or creating rotation