T Nation

ABBH Question

Hey quick question.

I’m keen to start this program however I do not have access to the gym on sundays. Is it possible to do a mon/wed/fri/sat split? Or mon/tues/thur/fri? I know its not ideal for recovery, but its the only option i have.

Thanks o knowledgable t-mag crew.

Hey, there, icedpete. Welcome to T-Nation. It’s your first post, I see!

I’m currently doing ABBH. At the end of the 23 days, I’m going to flip-flop the sets and reps for the given exercises (i.e., change 10x3 @ 80% to 5x10 @ 60%). From there it’s gonna be ABBH II.

In answer to your question, you could start your routine on a Tuesday and get in 6 every-other-day workouts; i.e., Tu, Th, Sa, Mo, We, Fr. Considering all of my/your options at that point, I’d be inclined to take Sa, Su and Mo off, picking back up on Tuesday for another 6 every-other-day workouts, which would finish off a normal 23-day ABBH cycle.

Chad will probably stop by and may have a better answer.

Enjoy the program!!!

Hey guys, I know Chad already answered a question similar to this somewhere in the forums. Try to do a search for abbh on the forum and see what you can come up with, unless he chimes in sometime soon.

icedpete,

Rejoice in the fact that your first response was from one of the most valuable assets to the T-mag forum: Tampa-Terry.

Yes, TT is absolutely correct. As an addition, you can perform the 4 workouts any way you please throughout the week. It’s just easier on your recovery if you don’t cram all 4 workouts together.

Thanks guys, this site rocks…by far the most intelligent and friendly on the net, can’t believe the quick reply.

Yep first time post…but I’m a long time reader…have gained a lot of knowledge on this site…even though I don’t always apply it all. Anyway I’m looking forward to getting stuck into ABBH, thanks again.

my 11th day tomorrow. i have the same problem, and therefore just doing mon, wed, fri [2 days off] etc.

must say my favorite days are the chest + back days, both horizontal and vertical planes! love it.

[quote]shamr0ck wrote:
my 11th day tomorrow. i have the same problem, and therefore just doing mon, wed, fri [2 days off] etc.

must say my favorite days are the chest + back days, both horizontal and vertical planes! love it.
[/quote]

How is your progress so far? Are you eating big too?

Icedpete, I completed ABBH and ABBH2 always monday,wednesday,friday and weekends off. I kept my usual (maintenance) nutrition. Anyway I got good results in terms of upper body and deadlift. I understood the importance of front squats. Moreover I’m now training regularly calves and abs which I neglected previously.