T Nation

ABBH Program

Either I’m stupid or to smart to understand the program. I understand the reps and the sets, but when it states the supersets is were I get lost. Do you do your ten sets of three for example then rest or rest between sets this is were I get confused. Actually I hope that didn’t confuse anyone. Also when it states 80% of 5RM what the heck does that mean. I’m not that new to wieght training but never had heard of some of these. It took me forever to find out what ABBH meant. Please help would like this program if I was smart enough. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Douglas

[quote]heroism1374 wrote:
Either I’m stupid or to smart to understand the program. I understand the reps and the sets, but when it states the supersets is were I get lost. Do you do your ten sets of three for example then rest or rest between sets this is were I get confused. [/quote]

On day 1 for example, you do a set of 3 reps of BB Bench Press, rest 60 seconds, then do a set of 3 reps of Rows, rest 60 seconds. That’s one superset. Repeat that nine more times.

[quote]Actually I hope that didn’t confuse anyone. Also when it states 80% of 5RM what the heck does that mean. I’m not that new to wieght training but never had heard of some of these. It took me forever to find out what ABBH meant. Please help would like this program if I was smart enough. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Douglas[/quote]

I think what you’re referring to is for your 10 x 3 exercises you should choose a weight that you could normally handle for 5 reps (for many trainees this happens to be around 80% of their 1 rep max.)I hope this helps you to do continue…this really is a great program!

In faith,
WS

I think it is perform a set of bench, then immediatley after, perform a set of rows, Rest 60 Secs, then repeat. I dont think there is a rest period between a set of bench and a set of rows. lol maybe im wrong??!

So either one, first answer, second answer? Well the answer to the 80% of 5RM makes sence now. All I know is well I guess nothing. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Douglas

Warrior spirit is correct, or at least that’s how I have been doing it…

[quote]De Molay wrote:
Warrior spirit is correct, or at least that’s how I have been doing it…[/quote]

Yes he is.

Heroism:

Perfom bench, rest, perform row, rest.

That is one superset.

Do ten of them in Day 1.

I think it should be 80% of 1RM, or approximate 5RM. Not 80% of 5RM.

You’re doing 3 reps, but don’t want to go to failure, so you use your 5 rep max, which is about 80% of your 1 rep max. You then increase by 1 rep each week (instead of 10X3, you do 10X4 with the same weight you used the first week).

I also understood the sets to be done the way Warrior Spirit said, with 60sec rest after bench, then 60sec rest after rows…

Thanks guys for the help I appreciate it.

Doug

It is very hard to set up the supersets like this at my gym…it’s busy and there is limited equipment.

Will I be defeating the program by doing the exercises without supersetting them? Anyone?

[quote]mmegrian wrote:
It is very hard to set up the supersets like this at my gym…it’s busy and there is limited equipment.

Will I be defeating the program by doing the exercises without supersetting them? Anyone?[/quote]

In one of CW’s posts he said that straight sets are not as productive as doing the supersets. But if that’s the only way you can do them, then do them nonetheless.