ABBH II ?

Day 1

Total sets per muscle group: 6

Movements per muscle group: 2

Movement plane: Horizontal Upper Body

Reps per set: 5

Load: 7RM (reps max)

Rest: 60 seconds between sets

That is what it calls for on day 1. I have finished the 3 weeks of training and I’m slightly confused on how to change the rep/set scheme.

Would it go to 5 Sets and only 3 reps?

Please help, thank you

Repeat sequence for two more weeks. At the end of the program, switch movement planes with strength-training methods as described for the original ABBH.

That was right out of the article. You just need to move the exercise you do on day 1 to day 3 and the exercises you do on day 3 to day 1. Keep the reps and sets for day 1 on day 1 and the same for day 3.

So, if you do 6 sets of 5 reps on day 1, when you change the exercises, you will still do 6 sets of 5 reps.

Another way to do it is to change the sets and reps for those days. That is, day 1 would become 4 sets of 12 and day 3 6 sets of 5 reps but the exercises would stay the same.

Make sense?

[quote]Arioch wrote:
Repeat sequence for two more weeks. At the end of the program, switch movement planes with strength-training methods as described for the original ABBH.

That was right out of the article. You just need to move the exercise you do on day 1 to day 3 and the exercises you do on day 3 to day 1. Keep the reps and sets for day 1 on day 1 and the same for day 3.

So, if you do 6 sets of 5 reps on day 1, when you change the exercises, you will still do 6 sets of 5 reps.

Another way to do it is to change the sets and reps for those days. That is, day 1 would become 4 sets of 12 and day 3 6 sets of 5 reps but the exercises would stay the same.

Make sense?[/quote]

So I can either just straight up switch doing ALL my day 1 exercises and reps with ALL my day 3 exercises and reps? In essance I’m just changing the days I perform the movments not any rep/set?

OR

I can stay with the same movements on day 1 as usual but swap rep/sets with day 3 and vice versa?

I really don’t see much of a reason to do the first choice, I wouldn’t think just mixing up the days would do much.

Uh, I may not have made it clear but both options should have come across the way you figured out option 2. You are only switching up the reps/sets for the second 23 days.

It doesn’t matter if you decide to just change the exercises on day 1 with those on day 3 or if you decide to change the sets/reps from day 1 with day 3.