ABBH Front Squats

Tampa-Terry,

A thought regarding your decline sit-ups:

From personal experience, I can tell you that I have felt the lower back strain you are probably referring to, and it was due to: 1. going up to or past a vertical torso position at the top of the rep; and 2. going down to touch my back to the bench at the bottom of the rep. I change directions at the bottom as soon as I feel my shirt graze the bench, and I change direction at the top just before I reach vertical - and I no longer have lower back pain in the decline sit-up.

Another thing - I hold the plate(s) behind my head, not on my chest, for 2 reasons: 1. you don’t have to use nearly as much weight; and 2. this position encourages proper upper back/scapular/neck posture, which will also decrease lower back dysfunction.

Hope this helps!

Chad,

My wrists hurt when doing the Olympic style grip. My wrists were coked all the way back and I was unable to place my elbow at even a 45 degree angle forward. The amjority of the weight was on my wrists, not my collarbone/delts/traps. I could only get one rep as my wrists hurt so much.