ABBH - Dips

Hello,

I am about to start the ABBH program after just finishing BBB, my only problem is I don’t have access to a dipping station so need something to replace that exercise with. Am I right in thinking that the dips he means are the chest version so dips off a bench won’t be any good?
Any advice on which exercise would be best to swap for dips? I was thinking either shoulder press or decline bench press with palms facing in?

Cheers,
Dan :slight_smile:

Decline bench

you can do dips on a straight bar, underhand or overhand. once you get the ballance thing down they are great just descend til the bar touches your lower chest then back up.

i did these when i was training muay thai in thailand becuase all they had was one bar for pullups. i did pullups and dips from the same bar.

I use two sawhorses for dips (I have to do dips behind the back though because regular dips hurt my chest).

Neutral grip decline dumbbell bench presses will do the trick.

[quote]dan_l wrote:
Hello,

I am about to start the ABBH program after just finishing BBB, my only problem is I don’t have access to a dipping station so need something to replace that exercise with. Am I right in thinking that the dips he means are the chest version so dips off a bench won’t be any good?
Any advice on which exercise would be best to swap for dips? I was thinking either shoulder press or decline bench press with palms facing in?

I can remember Waterbury specifically saying that if you can’t do dips, lie on a decline bench with two dumbless and do somewhat of a press but keep your hands palms facing each other then press just like a decline bench press.

Cheers,
Dan :)[/quote]