Ab Visibility. Definition and Bodyfat

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I’m actually quite impressed by your level of musculature for a distance runner. [/quote]

Thanks man… I could certainly stand to gain 10-15lbs atleast though…

Also…in clothes, I’m just a skinny kid…for the most part…noone would look at me and think he runs or he’s fit…atleast I don’t think they would. Perhaps with my shirt off someone would assume I atleast run…or something. I believe I’d overall look better in clothes and without if I put on some quality mass…[/quote]

Meh. I think you’re thinking too much about what you look like to others. You have to be happy with yourself when you look in the mirror.

You could stand to gain weight. I just wanted to point out that you are doing well considering how much you are running. [/quote]

This is truth man…I’ve always worried way too much about others opinions of me…sucks, but very hard to change.

Just keep working at it. Trust me. You will get there with time.

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I’m actually quite impressed by your level of musculature for a distance runner. [/quote]

Also…in clothes, I’m just a skinny kid…for the most part…noone would look at me and think he runs or he’s fit…atleast I don’t think they would. Perhaps with my shirt off someone would assume I atleast run…or something. I believe I’d overall look better in clothes and without if I put on some quality mass…[/quote]

Meh. I think you’re thinking too much about what you look like to others. You have to be happy with yourself when you look in the mirror.

You could stand to gain weight. I just wanted to point out that you are doing well considering how much you are running. [/quote]

This is truth man…I’ve always worried way too much about others opinions of me…sucks, but very hard to change.[/quote]

dude, you already look better than 95% of guys out there. Don’t set your standards so low!..lol. Think about how silly that is. It’d be like being a mathematician and judging the quality of your work based on your friends opinions after reading your paper…people who never got beyond high school calculus! Same goes for general public and probably the majority of your friends and family members…they just don’t know what they are looking at and can’t really distinguish between fat and muscle. You know what you gotta do.

Seriously, if you’re looking to others for validation, you are going to sell yourself short. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with never being content with where you’re at, but let yourself be happy. No one can take that away from you.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

This is truth man…I’ve always worried way too much about others opinions of me…sucks, but very hard to change.[/quote]

dude, you already look better than 95% of guys out there. Don’t set your standards so low!..lol. Think about how silly that is. It’d be like being a mathematician and judging the quality of your work based on your friends opinions after reading your paper…people who never got beyond high school calculus! Same goes for general public and probably the majority of your friends and family members…they just don’t know what they are looking at and can’t really distinguish between fat and muscle. You know what you gotta do.

Seriously, if you’re looking to others for validation, you are going to sell yourself short. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with never being content with where you’re at, but let yourself be happy. No one can take that away from you.
[/quote]

Definitely man…This rings true and I’ve seen this through personal experience. When I did powerlifting and had much more weight on my body…people had some shit to say in some form or another; nowadays with much less weight on my body…people have some shit to say in some form or another. When I ate more “normal”, and included more “dirty” food so to speak, people had something to say in some form or another; now that my diet is pretty “extreme” to others around me, they have something to say in some form or another. I can go on and on…

I guess the nature of people is to point out negatives in others…to others…To make themselves feel better? I don’t know…but, it does seem like the norm. A lot of people out there are very strong mentally, and very sure of themselves; they have no problems shrugging outside comments off and setting their own goals and their own rules without second-guessing. I don’t fall into this category…call it self-esteem, call it uncertainty, modesty…no idea…

But…In the end I do agree with you and I probably could stand to work on being able to validate myself just as much as I work on my body.

P.S. …since you are impressed by my “musculature” taking into account the amount I run…would it equally intrigue you that I do not eat any meat (poultry, pork, beef, fish etc) ?

[quote]bcurtis1 wrote:
Just keep working at it. Trust me. You will get there with time.[/quote]

Thanks much for the encouragement!

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[/quote]

Definitely man…This rings true and I’ve seen this through personal experience. When I did powerlifting and had much more weight on my body…people had some shit to say in some form or another; nowadays with much less weight on my body…people have some shit to say in some form or another. When I ate more “normal”, and included more “dirty” food so to speak, people had something to say in some form or another; now that my diet is pretty “extreme” to others around me, they have something to say in some form or another. I can go on and on…

I guess the nature of people is to point out negatives in others…to others…To make themselves feel better? I don’t know…but, it does seem like the norm. A lot of people out there are very strong mentally, and very sure of themselves; they have no problems shrugging outside comments off and setting their own goals and their own rules without second-guessing. I don’t fall into this category…call it self-esteem, call it uncertainty, modesty…no idea…

But…In the end I do agree with you and I probably could stand to work on being able to validate myself just as much as I work on my body.

P.S. …since you are impressed by my “musculature” taking into account the amount I run…would it equally intrigue you that I do not eat any meat (poultry, pork, beef, fish etc) ?[/quote]

Well shit, now I really have “something to say in some for or another…”

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[/quote]

P.S. …since you are impressed by my “musculature” taking into account the amount I run…would it equally intrigue you that I do not eat any meat (poultry, pork, beef, fish etc) ?[/quote]

Well shit, now I really have “something to say in some for or another…”[/quote]

Lol…eggs do wonders man…

I’d probably die without eggs or something…