Ab Trend?

I think that the swiss ball is an increadibly usefull training technique. Donavan Bailey, a world famous Canadian sprinter does squats standing on the swiss ball with 135 pounds, so theres proof of its effectivness.

BUT, like all tools, you have to become educated on it’s use so that it is effective. I was introduced to the fitball by Paul Chek. I have like, five videos of his that provide training information as well as the general information.

However, in the gym, there are people (trainees and trainers) who are using these things for almost EVERYTHING. I saw a trainer with a newbie once. He was instructing her to perform DB flyes while balancing on a fitball. This chick had never trained before. Why the hell was he doin' that? Train her on a bench for proper form, first.

I stand by my claim that fitballs are indeed legit. But, like everything else, you have to have knowledge on how to use it effectively.

How does squatting with 135lbs. on a swiss ball shows its effectiveness. Effectiveness for what? Do you believe performing such an exercise improves one’s speed and, if so, how? Just curious.

Re Donovan Bailey, that proves jack shit! He is a great athlete and would be regardless of any swiss ball work, Paul Chek can do that stuff as well but that doesn’t make him a great sprinter.

I agree with you 100% I do phiso-ball with my clients other then abdominal muscles. But I also don’t do it with all of my clients. Most of my Physio-Ball clients I work with are the advance clients.

I got this client that does his bench press on his own and when I am with him he does a phiso-ball dumbbell press with 50lbs and also a
Rubber cushions on both his feet… So I spice up his work-outs a little by using some creativity.

The Swiss balls are great alternative not a replacement.

No arguements. I just get a kick out of the training the core crowd. The physio/swiss ball, because it increases ROM, is a great tool for the abs. I have an ab bench and it is a god tool, but I wish I woulda saved the $ and got a ball and increased the ROM that way. The trainers at 24 hour, (no, am not using them) are on this big TRAINING THE CORE kick that will pass just as all fitness fads do.

You now thats great if Paul Check can do squats on a swiss ball aswell as Donavan Bailey, but he doesn’t train to be a sprinter. So all you are doing is backing up my point in saying that the swiss ball is effective in several ways.

Ko’s believes we should switch all the fitballs lying around our gym with those “Hippity Hops”. He’s especially keen to the ones with the horsey heads.