Ab-Solution

Hey guys i have a friend thats fat, not really just a beer belly but whatever… he found a product called ab-solution by vyotech thats a topical cream to remove that last little layer of belly fat… anybody hear of it/use it? here’s a link :

http://www.wikidietinfo.com/AbSolutionPlus.html?cp=116&KEYWORD=ab%20solution

don’t even need to look, it’s junk.

no cream is going to reduce bodyfat.

sounds like your friend could use some changes in his nutrition and even perhaps training.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
don’t even need to look, it’s junk.

no cream is going to reduce bodyfat.

sounds like your friend could use some changes in his nutrition and even perhaps training.[/quote]

Fat burning creams do work. Topical forskolin and yohimbine HCL have been studied and do work.

You need a lot of cream and lots $$$$$ for it to work well. More than the recommended dose.

AbSolution has Usnic Acid in it and you’d be best to avoid it. A certain company sold it as an oral fat burner and they have had a multitude of lawsuits due to liver poisoning.

well it even says in my link that its not a great topical fat-burner, its the topical caffiene that tones the skin and tightens it along with a few other things.

[quote]diamonddelts59 wrote:
well it even says in my link that its not a great topical fat-burner, its the topical caffiene that tones the skin and tightens it along with a few other things. [/quote]

Of course it wont be “great”, but it will work…locally only.

Forskolin and yohimbine are in it and they are proven to burn fat topically. You should only be concerned with your friend using something that has usnic acid in it because there could be risks.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
well it even says in my link that its not a great topical fat-burner, its the topical caffiene that tones the skin and tightens it along with a few other things.

Of course it wont be “great”, but it will work…locally only.

Forskolin and yohimbine are in it and they are proven to burn fat topically. You should only be concerned with your friend using something that has usnic acid in it because there could be risks.[/quote]

how so? fat is burned in muscle tissue, do these chemicals shuttle it into the muscle somehow? serious question, not a flame.

We could go on for pages on how they work.

Here’s one study that show they work. Please bare in mind this is one study, I can post more if you like. The most important thing is AR stimulation.

Topical fat reduction.Greenway FL, Bray GA, Heber D.
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Torrance, CA, USA.

The fat on women’s thighs is more difficult to mobilize due to increased alpha-2 adrenergic receptor activity induced by estrogen. Lipolysis can be initiated through adipocyte receptor stimulation (beta adrenergic) or inhibition (adenosine or alpha-2 adrenergic) or by inhibition of phosphodiesterase. Since many women desire regional thigh fat loss, a series of clinical trials were initiated using one thigh as a double-blinded control. Trial #1: Five overweight women had injections of isoproterenol at intervals around the thigh three times a week for 4 weeks with diet and walking. Trial #2: Five overweight woman had ointment containing forskolin, yohimbine and aminophylline applied to the thigh five times a week for 4 weeks after hypertonic warm soaks with a diet and walking. Trial #3: Eighteen overweight women were divided into three groups of six and trial #2 was repeated with each agent alone vs. placebo using forskolin, yohimbine or aminophylline in separate ointments. Trial #4: Thirty overweight women had 10% aminophylline ointment applied to the thigh five times a week for 6 weeks with diet and walking. Chemistry panel, theophylline level and patch testing were performed. Trial #5: Twelve women had trial #4 repeated with 2% aminophylline cream without a diet or walking. Trial #6: Trial #5 was repeated with 0.5% aminophylline cream. All trials except yohimbine ointment gave significantly more girth loss from the treated thigh (p < 0.05 to p < 0.001). Chemistry panel showed no toxicity. Theophylline was undetectable and patch testing was negative. We conclude that topical fat reduction for women’s thighs can be achieved without diet or exercise.

what significantly more girth loss? they could define 1/4" as significant over nothing.

again, like you said it’s just one study. I’m just surprised Biotest isn’t making a product if it really works as this study shows.

I still say his friend needs to check his diet and training, before worrying about a topical fat burner

Waste.

Tell your fat ass friend to stop eating shit

[quote]Blongo wrote:
Waste.

Tell your fat ass friend to stop eating shit[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

what significantly more girth loss? they could define 1/4" as significant over nothing.

again, like you said it’s just one study. I’m just surprised Biotest isn’t making a product if it really works as this study shows.

I still say his friend needs to check his diet and training, before worrying about a topical fat burner[/quote]

Dont be such a skeptic.lol You would have to pull up the full study on Pubmed to view their definition of “significant”. This is just the abstract.

Plus, look at the dosing schemes. Application limited to 5 times per week? Nothing like what topical fat loss creams actually recommend. Typical recommendation is 2 applications per day = 14 doses.

I agree with you completely that his friend needs to check his life style and diet FIRST. But, used responsibility, they can hold benefit to people with “trouble” areas.

Two things to add to the topical…

Yohimbine works (laymans terms) by telling the cells not to store soo much fat. So that is a way to limit fat that doesn’t doesn’t involve the fat being burned by muscle tissue which I agree with.

I do not know too much about fat burners because I never have, nor never have needed the use for one so that is one contribution.

Now, Gerdy’s bodybuilding tip of the day lol: PREPARATION H

Prep-H is used by a lot of bodybuilders the last few days leading up to a show. It is applied to your “trouble” spots. It does not burn fat but does suck some water out of the area. If it’s good enough to dry up a hemmhoroid then it’s good enough for some site touch up. lol of course this is only noticeable if your peeled :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now for all the people who don’t compete…DON’T GO OUT AND RUB A SHITLOAD OF PREP-H ON YOU DAILY IN AN ATTEMPT TO LOOK GOOD FOR THE BEACH. That’d be just silly :stuck_out_tongue: lol

OK I’m done now…

Gerdy

Yeah Gerdy! I carry a tube before I go to the beach! lol. Im joking. That doesnt mean I wont try it though! :wink:

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Yeah Gerdy! I carry a tube before I go to the beach! lol. Im joking. That doesnt mean I wont try it though! ;)[/quote]

LOL I used it on my lower abs/glutes/lower part of bicep by the elbow. I was skeptical at first but when you are lean and trying to get the last bit of water out it did make a difference. Not a huge one but in bodybuilding miniscule differences can mean the difference in winning and losing.

It is weird buying the prep-h tho…the clerks always look at me funny :stuck_out_tongue:

Next time I’m going with Dane Cook’s advice…buy it with tampons. Then everybody will think you are the “nice boyfriend”. They won’t think its for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lmao!

Gerdy

CT recommended some kind of topical cream for Gustavo in the Physic Clinic a few weeks ago. I don’t remember what it was called, but CT said it would help with Gus’s “pouch”.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
Yeah Gerdy! I carry a tube before I go to the beach! lol. Im joking. That doesnt mean I wont try it though! :wink:

LOL I used it on my lower abs/glutes/lower part of bicep by the elbow. I was skeptical at first but when you are lean and trying to get the last bit of water out it did make a difference. Not a huge one but in bodybuilding miniscule differences can mean the difference in winning and losing.

It is weird buying the prep-h tho…the clerks always look at me funny :stuck_out_tongue:

Next time I’m going with Dane Cook’s advice…buy it with tampons. Then everybody will think you are the “nice boyfriend”. They won’t think its for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lmao!

Gerdy[/quote]

im definitely trying that myself!

Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

Gerdy

[/quote]

You will only be able to see the effects when you are at a low bf% and trying to get the last little bit of water out. But ya man go for it, I don’t think it will hurt. lol

Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

Gerdy

You will only be able to see the effects when you are at a low bf% and trying to get the last little bit of water out. But ya man go for it, I don’t think it will hurt. lol

Gerdy[/quote]

lol you dont think? either way if i was actually to try it, how long does it take to see that difference and how often do u apply? once a day? twice?

Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

Gerdy

Gerdy

lol you dont think? either way if i was actually to try it, how long does it take to see that difference and how often do u apply? once a day? twice?[/quote]

The only time I’ve ever used it was about 4-5 days prior a competition or photo shoot, etc. Apply some in the morning (can be a bitch to do daily activities with that stuff all over) and preferrably before bed (also a bitch to sleep with).

I just applied it before bed like 4 days out. If this is a problem then sleep in a shirt or if you absolutely cannot stand it then apply it and let it stay on for about 5-6 hrs when you won’t be bothered by it…

like I said before this will only show a difference if you are like below 6% bodyfat and it’s just excess water in the subQ layer and in fat cells. It will not get rid of fat, just water temporarily.

Gerdy

I still say his friend needs to check his diet and training, before worrying about a topical fat burner[/quote]

“Significant” in research does not mean “important” or “meaningful.” It means that the difference that was found is unlikely to be due to chance. Sometimes the size of the difference (called effect size) is extremely small, not meaningful at all.

This is one reason why people’s real-life experience doesn’t jive with the research. There is an effect, but it is so small, in real life without super-precise lab measurements, people don’t notice the difference.

Anyway, Biotest once talked about a topical product for spot reduction. I swear I remember it. Dan Duchaine concocted a yohimbine topical for female’s lower body fat using DMSO as the carrier. And Poliquin is selling a topical product with yohimbine right now.

It is NOT a stupid idea! :slight_smile: