Ab frequency

I was wondering how often you guys train abs. I usually train them hard every other day, and I am seeing good results, and as of late I have been waking up in the mornings on the days that I dont do abs in the gym and training them in my bedroom a little nothing to hard, 100 crunches, 50 leg lifts, some oblique work, do you guys think I would see more tone and developement if I backed off, or is this cool? Also what are your favs for training abs, I am getting kind of bored with my exercises, and could use some new ones.

I’m doing some sort of ab work each day (Mon-Fri). It could be hanging leg raises, pikes, chinees, saxon side bends, medicine ball work or other basic ab exercises.

DI

Personally, I see no reason to train abs differently than any other muscle group. I like to train everything with low reps, high weight, twice a week. Same goes for abs. I like decline sit ups with a plate or two held behind my head. Overhead squats are another great ab exercise.

However, lots of people train abs like you do, and of course, if it works for you, do it. You might want to give my way a try though. You’ll never go back…