Ab and Cardio Training

so i have now been lifting for about 2 years and from the feedback i have gotten from this website i have made some great gains in the gym. the stength and size gains i have had are terrific and im very happy with them. i currently and 6’2 212 pounds and just turned 19 years old. One major draw back that i see with myself is my abbs and right around my waist better know as havin a spare tire.

i feel that i really could improve on my abbs by introducing a better abbs and cardio to my current workout. The abbs and cardio i do know are 10 min light cardiio before my workout and 10 min abbs after my workout. i also do an hour of cardio once a week on my off day. i work full time and job is very physically demanding i frame house i wokr 9 hrs mon-fri.

i also play hockey 4 times a week so some days i go straight from wokr to the gym and then to hockey. i eat very healthy a lot of brown rice chicken fish and vegtables and i am very good at havin a meal evry 2 hrs. my training schedual is 6 days a week while the 7th day i jjust do cardio and abbs. any feedback would b great, and any ideas on how i should change what im doin would b great thanks. i have attached a photo of myself to let u gauge where i am at

It’s going to be all diet man, you seem to be very active. Physical job, plenty of cardio with hockey and the other stuff you put in.

Simply put you need to eat less.

As far as training abs, train them like other bodyparts. Pick a few exercises, I like to keep reps a little higher than usual and nail away (no pun intended I know you work construction).

Just 100 cals daily is guarenteed to make you fat or lean if they are more or less. Each month you will see a small difference.
It is all about repetition, nothing big, just lots of tiny steps.
You are allmost there, just a small tweak will help.
If you like them cold showers/baths are 1 way to a leaner you.

thanks for the feedback, im goin to try and cut my meals down about 2\3 ish the amount. for the abb training is it better to do lets say exersizes seperatly 4 sets of 15-30 reps with rest between or more of a circuit where i go one excersize after the other with no rest

[quote]patrickoneal wrote:
thanks for the feedback, im goin to try and cut my meals down about 2\3 ish the amount. for the abb training is it better to do lets say exersizes seperatly 4 sets of 15-30 reps with rest between or more of a circuit where i go one excersize after the other with no rest [/quote]

Both would work bro.

All good advice to work with and I will throw out a workout idea for you just for an option. Typically, 2x’s a week after my lift workouts I will do some variation of this. Maybe kettlbell swings- 10 each arm- ab excer. 25 reps, repeat for 4-5 mins and rest. try to do 3-4 sets like this. It is very hard and not too long and boring either! I mix it up with box jumps, abs, box jumps, etc… This and your diet coupled with what you are already doing will help withtout depleteing too much.

the abb training has been goib great thanks for all the tips. one big change up is that the hockey season is now over so i have lost a large part of cardio in my workout i own a eliptical machine and was thinking of riding it a few times a week before bed to help keep my cardio up. any suggestion on how and or the types of cario and amounts to add to my schedual would b great thanks

you start eating less, your hockey will suffer…

What you eat and most likely when…