AAS That Don't Increase Total T?

Two things that first jump to mind are either the “Primo” was actually Test ester or the Primo registered as testosterone on RIA TT test you had performed. A way to avoid the latter is to run an LC/MS TT blood test. I don’t know if Primo exhibits this type of interference.

If you have SHBG labs you can get some insight into the clearance rate issue. What I believe your initial post was getting at is how your actual serum testosterone (total, free) levels change as a function of XX AAS usage VS what various tests (assays) report as your serum testosterone levels. There’s a big difference and one has to be careful in order to differentiate the two.

Different immunoassays may suffer from various amounts of interference. The LC/MS test will physically separate and “fingerprint” testosterone using its unique molecular mass/charge signature so it won’t suffer from this interference.

See for example.

https://jdos.nicholsinstitute.com/dos/sarasotamemorial/test/116816

Methodology

The ADVIA Centaur TSTII assay is a competitive immunoassay using direct chemiluminescent technology.

1. Samples from patients routinely receiving high-dose biotin therapy may show falsely elevated results. Additional information may be required for diagnosis. A strong interaction with Nandrolone decanoate, 11β-hydroxytestosterone, and 11-keto-testosterone was found. Do not use samples from patients receiving these compounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4112981/bin/1472-6890-14-33-S1.xlsx

This is a different issue than a drug like oxandrolone which won’t interfere with standard RIA Testosterone assay but will affect your SHBG, which will affect the “apparent” metabolic clearance rate based on TT. In reality, the law of mass action would point to free T being invariant to SHBG and being always proportional to dose (mass in has to equal mass out in the limit of continuous dosing, and free T is what’s being eliminated). Therefore, with or without oxandrolone for example, your free T will be the same at the same Testosterone protocol, but your Total T will change which then appears to make the clearance rate of testosterone change if one erroneously thinks that TT (part of which is SHBG-bound T) is what is being excreted.

1 Like

Primo has also been known to drive down e2. Less test converting to e2, more free test.

Updated with two different assays so you can see the interference variation with nandrolone:

See p. 11.

Measuring interval for assay is 4.33 - 1500 ng/dL
30 nmol/L of nandrolone * 274.4 g/mol nandrolone * 1 L / 10 dL = 823.2 ng/dL of nandrolone

1500 ng/dL divided by 823.2 ng/dL implies at least 182% interference on the response factor.

Wow!

The reader can now see why so much confusion using testosterone immunoassays to characterize their testosterone levels while taking nandrolone. 2-182% cross reactivity is quite a range!

Measuring interval for assay is 4.33 - 1500 ng/dL
30 nmol/L of nandrolone * 274.4 g/mol nandrolone * 1 L / 10 dL = 823.2 ng/dL of nandrolone

1500 ng/dL divided by 823.2 ng/dL implies at least 182% interference on the response factor.

Wow!

My SHBG was 25.3. I don’t know what kind of test it is, it’s not indicated on the lab report. I’m surprised to see boldenone higher on the list than nandrolone. This makes a lot of sense. I suppose the best thing to do would find AAS with faster clearance rates and make sure to give some time before testing. It would make sense to me that if SHBG is already lowered, introducing any AAS that will impact it, whether test based or not should affect clearance and could slow it down. Test in test out yes but I’m sure it’s purer without other factors to slow down the bodies ability to get rid of extra compounds. Thanks for taking the time @readalot!