AAS and Vision

It seems to me that during a cycle of AAS that my vision is impaired. I don’t believe it can be anything else unless severely increasing your protein intake or something else in combination with the cycle is doing this.

I had an astigmatism before having it corrected via laser surgery in 1997. Each time I’ve done a cycle I notice the TV is harder to dial in - I have to squint or pull at the corners of my eyes to make it clear in addition to having more difficulty seeing in the dark. Fortunately, this subsides post-cycle. Is there any anecdotal evidence to what I am experiencing and if so are there any additional supplements that could possibly taken to avoid this?

My best guess would be higher blood pressure. I can’t tell you exactly what would cause it, but I know during finals week when my BP skyrockets due to my steady diet of Rockstars and Copenhagen my vision gets worse.

I agree with Schmazz: blood pressure. If your vision sort of pulses, lightens or darkens, or shifts slightly with each heart beat then you have extremely high blood pressure and it will mess up you vision markedly (temporarily, provided you don’t cycle like that too long).

It seems like you aren’t this bad, but you may need to keep an eye on your BP. If your BP is normal, I really couldn’t tell you. There is no sex hormone mediated process that affects vision as far as I know.

Well, my BP did and does rise while on AAS, but only up into the normal range since it is typically low. I was thinking it had something to do with pressure as well, but rather pressure that was causing the eyeballs to shape themselves slightly different from ideal, since all I need to do is squint or pull on the corners to see perfectly. I guess it will remain a mystery…thanks for the responses.

Peace

My eyes get worse on cycle as well.

I don’t know why.

My vision does not worsen with test, dbol or var. In fact it may improve.

When I was a kid I went to some fancy trainer because I had a lazy eye. They did eye exercises with me 3X a week and I still remember some of them. My lazy eye is gone since then and I also have the best vision of anyone in my family. I require no assistance.

The problem is that when I watch too much TV or watch TV on my laptop my vision starts to go.

To remedy this I go outside and find two objects to focus on. The first object should be relatively close and smaller. The second object should be relatively further away, something like a street sign. Then I focus on the near object until it is 100% clear, I then immediately shift my focus to the far object until it is 100% clear. The close object requires I “squint” a little which is different from the “relaxing” action I must perform to bring the far away object into focus. The practice requires that I switch between objects as fast as possible and usually my transition time will improve in a matter of 30 seconds to a minute. After this simple exercise my vision returns to it’s normal 20/20 power. I recommend it.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Well I would have said ‘bloodpressure’ too, but actually I’m not so sure.

I know that glaucoma (increased pressure within the eyeball itself) may cause vision problems, as well as longterm damage, by partly occluding the micro vasculature of the retina, leading to tissue death.

However glaucoma is mostly caused by blockage in the drainage canal that leads from the eye.

If the pressure in the eye increases (and it’s not fed directly by the blood, so a rise in BP shouldn’t directly affect it - after all, there are shitloads of folks with high bp but normal vision) then it may slightly distort or displace the lens. Your manual pressure, by pulling the lid, etc, is enough to force the lens back into position, I guess, relieving the syptoms. Much like squinting assists the function of the small muscle that controls focus of the lens.

I suggest that anyone with vision problems, visit an optometrist (or optician, I suppose) and have them look in the eye to check for blurring of the fundus and/or other abnormalities - especially those on longer cycles.

On a side note, I remember reading that there is a steroid that almost exclusively binds to the little muscle that controls lens thickening in the eye for near vision.

This muscle atrophies with age, hence the need for reading glasses in some more mature individuals.

So, this steroid should allow the muscle to hypertrophy back to it’s original size, and be able to once again focus the lens properly, negating the need for glasses.

Off track, sorry.

Bushy[/quote]

That’s ok, it seems what you’re saying is that there is in fact anecdotal evidence that steroids exist that do effect vision…which is something.

I’m leaning toward the pressure theory since my face is a little bloated and I can see perfectly by seemingly relieving that pressure.

RJ - good to know It’s not just me.

Thanks guys.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

On a side note, I remember reading that there is a steroid that almost exclusively binds to the little muscle that controls lens thickening in the eye for near vision.

Bushy[/quote]

That’s quite the tidbit of knowledge. Where do you manage to find things like this, Bushy?