A World Without America

[quote]orion wrote:
olderguy wrote:

In the scheme of things, what they are doing today is meaningless, sorry. They are probably proficient arms dealers, but hey, I lack the education, clue me in.

We are.

When in trouble you want a Glock 9mm.

They may not be cheap, but they never let you down either.[/quote]

I’ll take a Glock any time :-]

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

We are the greatest nation ever.

Period.

[/quote]

Second, Ireland is number one…

[quote]superscience wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

We are the greatest nation ever.

Period.

Second, Ireland is number one…[/quote]

This is the larger point that I was trying to make, And I think Shoebolt’s post shows this as well.

Most everybody has a belief in their nations exceptionalism, and why shouldn’t they? Theirs nothing wrong with a heaping pile of national pride. I would expect a Frenchman to have pride in France, a Mexican to have pride in Mexico, a Russian to have pride in Russia, and a Texan to have pride in Texas :-]. What good is someone who thinks that their country is second to anyone?

Overall, I really do think that the U.S is a damn fine country, and extremely exceptional. I think it’s contribution to the world, overall, has been significantly positive. But hey, their I go with my national pride again :-]

btw, I can’t wait to visit Ireland one of these years.

sigh

Sure thats the reason why millions of people went protesting in the streets.

Id rather say that “some oil deals” were the reason of the US for going there…

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:

You can’t be saying that we should have listened to France, Germany, and Russia, about Iraq. Weren’t there some oil deals going on that might have swayed their opinion?

sigh

Sure thats the reason why millions of people went protesting in the streets.

Id rather say that “some oil deals” were the reason of the US for going there…

[/quote]

I guess we should have just sat back and let France, Russia, and Germany rack in the bucks. Point being, I think the three were owed oil for arms, and if we were to go in, they might get screwed. Especially since the deals weren’t exactly on the up and up. Again, I don’t think they should be made to look like the “good guys” because they were against the war. Spare me. I’m sure if we were pulling that crap, and Russia,France, and Germany had the power to stop it, they would. But what do I know. Those 3 nations are full of integrity. Unlike the US. [/quote]

[quote]olderguy wrote:
I guess we should have just sat back and let France, Russia, and Germany rack in the bucks. Point being, I think the three were owed oil for arms, and if we were to go in, they might get screwed. Especially since the deals weren’t exactly on the up and up. Again, I don’t think they should be made to look like the “good guys” because they were against the war. Spare me. I’m sure if we were pulling that crap, and Russia,France, and Germany had the power to stop it, they would. But what do I know. Those 3 nations are full of integrity. Unlike the US. [/quote]

Excellent post olderguy, well said.

It will however, fall on deaf ears I’m afraid. The U.S. is just so evil, and the rest of the world, so benign. Didn’t you know that? [/sarcasm]

What a load of complete and utter horse shit!

Yeah Europe or Russia would defiantly not have made any medical advances…

Israel is a good thing? Since when it is the single biggest thing kicking up shit in the middle east… well apart from the states.

What the hell does hypothesizing this bullshit scenario get us? Fucking nowhere.

Imagine a world without Great Britain, No USA!!!

Idiotic thread.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
What good is someone who thinks that their country is second to anyone?

[/quote]
In some instances it would be considered realistic. How does one gage the “greatness” of their nation? And in order to be great does that then imply that it must be great in all ways, shapes, and forms?

Do we really need cheerleaders to distract us from the areas in which we could use some improvement? I would agree that we live in a great nation but I also think that if we want to keep that title we should hold ourselves to higher standards and accept nothing less than those standards lest we be considered hypocrites.

In the wealthiest nation we should not allow our veterans to live on the streets as victims of their mental illnesses brought about by the terror of wars fought in defense of this nation. In the wealthiest nation children should not go to bed hungry. In the wealthiest nation one should not have to declare bankruptcy as the result of having an illness treated. In the wealthiest nation poverty should not be a cause of death.

[quote]IrishMarc wrote:

Israel is a good thing? Since when it is the single biggest thing kicking up shit in the middle east… well apart from the states.

What the hell does hypothesizing this bullshit scenario get us? Fucking nowhere.

Idiotic thread. [/quote]

Imagine a world without GREAT Britain. The Irish would have nobody to bomb. Well maybe Wales and Scotland.

The video started in the UK. What are you blaming us for?

[quote]olderguy wrote:

You can’t be saying that we should have listened to France, Germany, and Russia, about Iraq. Weren’t there some oil deals going on that might have swayed their opinion?
[/quote]

And their were lots of large companies in America that saw dollar signs at rebuilding Iraq. War is a business.

I don’t think we should have listened to them just because their countries were once great- I think we should listen because the opinion of the world is important in this day and age.

Even Britain is now giving up on the war, and every other country has a right to say, “We told you so.”

The thing some of you forget is that other countries have had empires. They know the deal; policing the world ends up in bringing your empire down because of overexpansion. I’m not saying Germany or France gives a fuck about us maintaining our stature in the world, but more that our leaders should be smart enough to realize the things that make an empire go broke- i.e., a sustained guerilla war against a determined enemy with no end in sight, i.e. Iraq.

Again, I love America, but for fuck’s sake, stop pretending like we are better people than the rest of the world. People are people no matter where you go, and for the most part they care about the same things. Imaginary lines on the globe does not change that.

[quote]olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:

Idiotic thread.

Imagine a world without GREAT Britain. The Irish would have nobody to bomb. Well maybe Wales and Scotland.

The video started in the UK. What are you blaming us for?[/quote]

What are you retarded?

What do I give a flying fuck about where the video started? I just stated the pointless nature of the debate of a total non-issue.

[quote]olderguy wrote:

[/quote]

Hmmm. No, not even them- Wales and Scotland are PART of Britain.
Anyway, why would we want to bomb them?
Everyone knows they hate the English as much as we do…

[quote]IrishMarc wrote:
olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:

Idiotic thread.

What are you retarded?

What do I give a flying fuck about where the video started? I just stated the pointless nature of the debate of a total non-issue.

[/quote]
You have enough opinions for someone who doesn’t give a flying fuck.
So move on and post on some other thread. You think it is pointless so maybe you should get a Mod to remove the thread. I mean who the fuck are you?. And I’m a retard. You probably have 40 relatives working in the Blarney Stone at 5th and Lexington and are anti-American.
[/quote]

[quote]JayRoc wrote:
olderguy wrote:

Hmmm. No, not even them- Wales and Scotland are PART of Britain.
Anyway, why would we want to bomb them?
Everyone knows they hate the English as much as we do…

[/quote]
Nothing else to do.
Thanks
[/quote]

Isn’t 40 million of america from irish decent?

[quote]olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:
olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:

Idiotic thread.

What are you retarded?

So move on and post on some other thread. You think it is pointless so maybe you should get a Mod to remove the thread. I mean who the fuck are you?. And I’m a retard. You probably have 40 relatives working in the Blarney Stone at 5th and Lexington and are anti-American.
[/quote]

You will probably find that most of the planet hates americans and america, which is stupid. Other countries see you as arrogant shits. I know a girl who met a few americans (when travelling) who were embarrassed to say they were america.

The above isn’t my opinion though. I’ve met americans and i got on with them straight away and can’t wait to visit there some day or even live for a period of my life.

A life without america would mean;
No TOOL (the band).

Your government sucks though.

[quote]superscience wrote:
olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:
olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:

Idiotic thread.

What are you retarded?

You will probably find that most of the planet hates americans and america, which is stupid. Other countries see you as arrogant shits. I know a girl who met a few americans (when travelling) who were embarrassed to say they were america.

The above isn’t my opinion though. I’ve met americans and i got on with them straight away and can’t wait to visit there some day or even live for a period of my life.

No TOOL (the band).

[/quote]
And did the Americans you met seem embarrassed to be American?

As far as governments go, I’m sure being on par with Ireland is at the top of our list.

I never gave it thought that life without American would mean:
NO TOOL (the band) or 50 cents for that matter. Maybe IrishMick was right, dumb thread.

[quote]olderguy wrote:

As far as governments go, I’m sure being on par with Ireland is at the top of our list.

[/quote]
I know you’re just trying to provoke a reaction with silly comments - but, okay, I’ll bite…

Tell us what’s so bad about having a government like Ireland’s?
(Be warned, this may mean actually have to know something about a country other than your own- a dangerous precedent to set I’m sure you’ll agree!)

For the record, I’m not anti-American, I’ve been to your country many times and will again. But like most right-minded people, I believe your governments international policy sucks ass, and that people like you give Americans a bad name. No offence.

[quote]JayRoc wrote:
olderguy wrote:

I know you’re just trying to provoke a reaction with silly comments - but, okay, I’ll bite…

Tell us what’s so bad about having a government like Ireland’s?
(Be warned, this may mean actually have to know something about a country other than your own- a dangerous precedent to set I’m sure you’ll agree!)

For the record, I’m not anti-American, I’ve been to your country many times and will again. But like most right-minded people, I believe your governments international policy sucks ass, and that people like you give Americans a bad name. No offence.

[/quote]

And what are the poster’s comments like “your government’s foreign policy sucks ass” “your government sucks”. I guess they are well thought out comments.

OK, I’ll bite. You are right. I know nothing about your country’s government. My grandmother came from Ireland, but my father always told us we were full blooded Scot??? I think he was part Irish, but wouldn’t admit it being raised in England.

It kinda all started with IrishMic calling me retarded. I have plans to go to Ireland in the future. Perhaps we could all get together,(you, IrishMic, Superscience), and you guys could throw me a nice Euro style beating. LOL.

All kidding aside, I like Ireland and the UK in general. My customers are from London, I’ve been there more times than I can count, and love the country side.

See ya

[quote]olderguy wrote:
superscience wrote:
olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:
olderguy wrote:
IrishMarc wrote:

Idiotic thread.

What are you retarded?

No TOOL (the band).

And did the Americans you met seem embarrassed to be American?

I never gave it thought that life without American would mean:
NO TOOL (the band) or 50 cents for that matter. Maybe IrishMick was right, dumb thread.
[/quote]

They were anti bush and embarrassed of his actions, they weren’t embarrassed of being american. They loved ireland too.

I have friends attending an american university, they love it.

This thread is stupid as people have stated. America has its positives and negatives like other countries, life doesn’t have to revolve around one country or culture.