T Nation

A World Without America

Here’s something gaining ground in the UK

http://tammybruce.com/2007/02/a_world_without_am.php

[quote]olderguy wrote:
Here’s something gaining ground in the UK

http://tammybruce.com/2007/02/a_world_without_am.php[/quote]

Complete bullshit. No one really knows how it would be without the US.

Lets suppose the crap in the video “could happen”. Lets look at the wright brothers. They made the first flyable airplane. If America were not around that would mean thet there are no airplanes because there are no wright brothers.

This cannot happen since someone would eventually figure it out and design the blasted thing. Although Airplanes would look slightly different.

Same could be said for everything else in the clip.

-Bruce.

Hmmmm…so what? I love propaganda.

If this country didn’t exist you wouldn’t be able to contemplate it to begin with. It would be like me predicting what it would be like if country X did exist. What if…?

It would make an interesting Oliver Stone film in either case.

Stalin died in '53.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
It would make an interesting Oliver Stone film in either case.[/quote]

Try Philip K. Dick’s excellent “The man in the high castle”.

The video is manichaen in nature and based on nothing but pure speculation. The perfect example of blatant propaganda.

I guess it was just refreshing to see someone from across the Atlantic interviewed on TV,(forget what station), that just wasn’t taking every cheap shot he could at the US.

I know the US doesn’t have a chance to aspire to be as moral or productive as France, China, Russia, Morocco, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, or and of the middle eastern countries, and let’s not forget N Korea. We will leave S America out of this for now.

[quote]lixy wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
It would make an interesting Oliver Stone film in either case.

Try Philip K. Dick’s excellent “The man in the high castle”.

The video is manichaen in nature and based on nothing but pure speculation. The perfect example of blatant propaganda.[/quote]

And Lixy, I am sure you are going to ride that “blatant propaganda” camel into the ground.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
olderguy wrote:
Here’s something gaining ground in the UK

http://tammybruce.com/2007/02/a_world_without_am.php

Complete bullshit. No one really knows how it would be without the US.

Lets suppose the crap in the video “could happen”. Lets look at the wright brothers. They made the first flyable airplane. If America were not around that would mean thet there are no airplanes because there are no wright brothers.

This cannot happen since someone would eventually figure it out and design the blasted thing. Although Airplanes would look slightly different.

Same could be said for everything else in the clip.

-Bruce.
[/quote]

Well… I havent come across this clip before, its also a little odd because the majority of Britain is actually quite anti American, the Iraq war being a main cause obviously.

Regarding the Wright brothers, ancient hindus had invented planes about 5000 years ago

In 1895 a local Mumbai man who was a sanskrit scholar studied a particular ‘veda’ and was astonished to see blue prints for creating a flying vehicle, he constructed it and a full eight years before the Wright Brothers` first flight at Kitty hawk, North Carolina, USA, Shivkar Bapuji Talpade and his wife gave a thrilling demonstration flight on the Chowpatty beach in Mumbai.

The machine attained a height of about 1500 feet and then automatically landed safely. The flight was witnessed, among many others, by Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad, the Maharaja of Baroda and Justice Govind Ranade and was reported in ?The Kesari? a leading Marathi daily newspaper. They were impressed by the feat and rewarded the talented inventor.

It may be a fun idea to Day Dream about and to make your mind wander…

But the cumulative “Butterfly Effect” of America not existing defies comprehension.

We simply could not imagine what the World would actually be like.

Mufasa

Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

Such a movie could be made about any country with not exactly the size of Liechtenstein. Right now im sittin 2 miles away from the house where the guy who invented the first computer lived, guess what thats not Bill Gates…

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

Such a movie could be made about any country with not exactly the size of Liechtenstein. Right now im sittin 2 miles away from the house where the guy who invented the first computer lived, guess what thats not Bill Gates…
[/quote]

Hey, maybe some people in the UK appreciate the US. Does that make them bad people?

Ken, you’re a retard if you think that movie could be made about France, UK, so on. If it wasn’t for us you idiot, they wouldn’t exist as nations. I heard next year they are going to drop the “Great” from Great Britain. So much for the sun never setting on the British Empire. It get’s dark there about half 3 these days, no?

And are you really comparing you friend to Bill Gates? Really. I’m sure he’s considered blowing his fucking brain out a thousand times. LOL.

And yeah, this,(USA), is by far the GREATEST nation ever created. We might have made some mistakes, but that could be said of any country, Ken, Liechtenstein included.

Thanks Ken, but I’m not swayed.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

Such a movie could be made about any country with not exactly the size of Liechtenstein. Right now im sittin 2 miles away from the house where the guy who invented the first computer lived, guess what thats not Bill Gates…
[/quote]

“Such a movie could be made about any country with not exactly the size of Liechtenstein”

What exactly does that mean? I’m assuming you mean that every semi-major nation has an impact on the world, and hence is important to world history, so this type of clip is useless.

Oh, and what Bill Gates did do was create MS-DOS, and make countless sums of money off the royalties. What’s that have to do with anything?

[quote]olderguy wrote:
And Lixy, I am sure you are going to ride that “blatant propaganda” camel into the ground.[/quote]

Anything that shows a clear blue sky and doesn’t base itself on facts is synonimous of toothpaste ad for me.

Noticed how the sky turned grey when they started talking about the “other” toothpaste. The world is not binary. There are other alternatives than Leninism/Maoism and inhumane capitalism.

On the other hand, I dont’ see why they included the “A world without America is a world without Israel bit”. Surely, the establishment of that country has brought the world more pain and suffering than anything else.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.
[/quote]

We are the greatest nation ever.

Period.

[quote]olderguy wrote:

Ken, you’re a retard if you think that movie could be made about France, UK, so on. If it wasn’t for us you idiot, they wouldn’t exist as nations. [/quote]

The irony…

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

We are the greatest nation ever.

Period.

[/quote]

In absolute or relative terms?

Based on GNP, military, contribution to the western civilization?

General health care or education?

[quote]olderguy wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

Such a movie could be made about any country with not exactly the size of Liechtenstein. Right now im sittin 2 miles away from the house where the guy who invented the first computer lived, guess what thats not Bill Gates…

Hey, maybe some people in the UK appreciate the US. Does that make them bad people?

Ken, you’re a retard if you think that movie could be made about France, UK, so on. If it wasn’t for us you idiot, they wouldn’t exist as nations. I heard next year they are going to drop the “Great” from Great Britain. So much for the sun never setting on the British Empire. It get’s dark there about half 3 these days, no?
[/quote]

If it wasn’t for Great Britain and France, we wouldn’t exist as a nation.

Being an empire is not a good thing…why would the British not have pride in their country just because they don’t control half the world? This is a strange premise to argue on.

I love America, but we are just as capable of making mistakes as any other country is. I’m not much for the sort of blind nationalistic fervor that goes… that’s dangerous stuff, and it leads down dark roads.

[quote]orion wrote:
olderguy wrote:

Ken, you’re a retard if you think that movie could be made about France, UK, so on. If it wasn’t for us you idiot, they wouldn’t exist as nations.

The irony…[/quote]

I had a good chuckle at this.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
olderguy wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:
Wow, great, some more for the werethegreatestnation crowd.

Such a movie could be made about any country with not exactly the size of Liechtenstein. Right now im sittin 2 miles away from the house where the guy who invented the first computer lived, guess what thats not Bill Gates…

Hey, maybe some people in the UK appreciate the US. Does that make them bad people?

Ken, you’re a retard if you think that movie could be made about France, UK, so on. If it wasn’t for us you idiot, they wouldn’t exist as nations. I heard next year they are going to drop the “Great” from Great Britain. So much for the sun never setting on the British Empire. It get’s dark there about half 3 these days, no?

If it wasn’t for Great Britain and France, we wouldn’t exist as a nation.

Being an empire is not a good thing…why would the British not have pride in their country just because they don’t control half the world? This is a strange premise to argue on.

I love America, but we are just as capable of making mistakes as any other country is. I’m not much for the sort of blind nationalistic fervor that goes… that’s dangerous stuff, and it leads down dark roads.[/quote]

I’m with you 100% that the US makes mistakes. No doubt about it. But does anyone think that Europe would exist as it is today without the US involvement in WWII? Come on. Does Orion really think Austria has contributed more to world than the US. Let’s not act like Austria is kinda like Sweden historically. LOL. How many medical advances come from Austria? And is he really naive enough to think that if Austria had any pull in the world, they wouldn’t us it? And it’s not just him. It’s a riot. I just laugh at these people in meaningless countries taking shots at the US for doing things that their countries would be doing if they could. Plain and simple. I really think they are jealous.
[/quote]

[quote]olderguy wrote:

I’m with you 100% that the US makes mistakes. No doubt about it. But does anyone think that Europe would exist as it is today without the US involvement in WWII? Come on. Does Orion really think Austria has contributed more to world than the US. Let’s not act like Austria is kinda like Sweden historically. LOL. How many medical advances come from Austria? And is he really naive enough to think that if Austria had any pull in the world, they wouldn’t us it? And it’s not just him. It’s a riot. I just laugh at these people in meaningless countries taking shots at the US for doing things that their countries would be doing if they could. Plain and simple. I really think they are jealous.
[/quote]

Yes, Orion really thinks Austria has contributed more until now than the US, which, given the fact that it is around 1000 years old and at times pretty much was continental Europe, is hardly a surprise.

That would of course open a debate what “Austria” really is, but then I am having a hard time thinking of something uniquely American except Jazz, Baseball and Peanut butter.

The rest was heavily influenced by Europe.